Author Topic: Trump postpones meeting with Denmark's leader over Greenland comments  (Read 1689 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Trump postpones meeting with Denmark's leader over Greenland comments
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2019, 07:49:58 pm »
See, there really could be more than what meets the eye. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2019, 07:51:18 pm »
Trump fully expects to have matters move almost immediately to "Orange Man Bad," as this thread confirms.  "default anti-Trump setting."

He is not merely thinking outside the box. He is shaking up the box.

No, "Trump is God" is just as wrong as is "Orange Man Bad".  He's a human like all of us and as such is guaranteed to make mistakes.  Some of us make more, some of us less, but to deny his fallibility is the opposite side of "everything he does is bad".

We have to be objective and question his motives and actions as he represents us.  Again, give him credit when he earns it and always be skeptical.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2019, 08:39:30 pm »
Think Russia or China getting rights to build a base there. Denmark does not possess the ability to defend Greenland, the
Dans are getting a free ride on Uncle Sam. It makes perfect sense that Greenland should become a US territory.

If we pulled out of NATO, they would be entertaining offers left and right.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2019, 10:27:38 pm »
No, "Trump is God" is just as wrong as is "Orange Man Bad".  He's a human like all of us and as such is guaranteed to make mistakes.  Some of us make more, some of us less, but to deny his fallibility is the opposite side of "everything he does is bad".

We have to be objective and question his motives and actions as he represents us.  Again, give him credit when he earns it and always be skeptical.

Exactly, and also hold his feet to the fire and criticize him when he's wrong! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2019, 10:41:23 pm »
@skeeter, as you know I've taken a long time to warm up to Trump, and I'm still not at the point where I'd let him take care of my dogs for the weekend.  But - I do support his tweeting.  It makes absolutely no difference what he does as to what the MSM will report, what other politicians will say and what "elites" will accuse him of thinking-doing-saying. It also makes no difference to the 30-40% of Americans who have accepted the consensus that Trump is a bad guy no matter what he does or doesn't say.

Tweeting gives him the opportunity to go to the other 60-70% of sane(ish) Americans who can potentially be influenced by what he tweets.  He tweets stuff that looks bad at first but the reaction of his detractors make them look unhinged and hypocritical.  And, repeatedly, what he tweets they reflexively mock and, somehow, they're the ones who end up looking bad because of their reaction.

Like the Quad Squad.  They're not looking so good right now.  Maybe it didn't make anyone like Trump any more than they did to begin with, but I think people are looking at the Quads and seeing malice and loonyness.

This Greenland thing may turn out the same way.  "He's crazy, he's unhinged, he's dangerous", etc., but then it may end up looking like a fairly reasonable proposal.  And, the left will have again shown themselves to be what they are.

@Sanguine we've seen the same pattern with the media's reporting play out time after time. I've stopped offering my opinion about his tweeting, or picking fights, or his seemingly random policy pronouncements. In almost every case there has been a backstory that puts everything a reasonable context. Its not that he's a genius - its that the media is that dishonest.

This was a weird one, but a day later another story seems to be emerging. Again.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 10:48:08 pm by skeeter »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2019, 12:06:02 am »
I don't either.  This Greenland business wasn't even up for discussion a few weeks ago, and now it's an issue that causes the cancellation of a summit?

The cause of the cancellation is because of the insults thrown at President Trump as well as the American People when she was asked about it.

He essentially said this shit has to stop and he's not going to allow the American People to be insulted like that.

He's playing a Stradivarius.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2019, 12:32:47 am »
The cause of the cancellation is because of the insults thrown at President Trump as well as the American People when she was asked about it.

He essentially said this shit has to stop and he's not going to allow the American People to be insulted like that.

He's playing a Stradivarius.   :laugh:

:2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2019, 01:03:31 am »
OK, I finally saw more of the quote from the Danish pooh-bah. 

I think this is what pissed the President off, and it's not calling the idea "absurd."

“Thankfully, the time where you buy and sell other countries and populations is over.

That pisses me off, too.

@DCPatriot
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2019, 11:58:41 am »
OK, I finally saw more of the quote from the Danish pooh-bah. 

I think this is what pissed the President off, and it's not calling the idea "absurd."

That pisses me off, too.

@DCPatriot

The usual suspects are all up in arms with faux rage!   

What do you call a donut without a hole?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2019, 09:45:58 pm »
Think Russia or China getting rights to build a base there. Denmark does not possess the ability to defend Greenland, the
Dans are getting a free ride on Uncle Sam. It makes perfect sense that Greenland should become a US territory.
------------------------------------
Your judgement is correct as Denmark is a minor player in Europe w/o military resources.
Both the Louisiana Purchase as well as the Purchase of Alaska were driven by the inability
of France and Russia to defend those lands; additionally both needed the money.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:51:05 pm by Absalom »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2019, 10:08:40 pm »
------------------------------------
Your judgement is correct as Denmark is a minor player in Europe w/o military resources.
Both the Louisiana Purchase as well as the Purchase of Alaska were driven by the inability
of France and Russia to defend those lands; additionally both needed the money.

Well, $900M is robbery.

We should pay them as much as Obama gave the Iranians on wooden pallets.  $150B with a "B".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2019, 01:03:26 pm »
Well, $900M is robbery.

We should pay them as much as Obama gave the Iranians on wooden pallets.  $150B with a "B".

:cool:

Sounds like a plan to me!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2019, 09:05:42 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2019, 09:14:18 pm »
 :bigsilly:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.