Author Topic: Democrats dump climate change debate, recognizing how badly it will bomb with voters  (Read 480 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 25, 2019
Democrats dump climate change debate, recognizing how badly it will bomb with voters
By Monica Showalter

If you want to win an election, yelling about global warming and blaming air conditioners, cars, plastic straws, and jets -- while jetting in to do it -- is probably not the best way to sell it to voters.

So to the surprise of no one except the far leftists hollering about it, the Democratic Party's leadership has decided to cancel a proposed presidential nomination debate on climate change, enraging the party's extremists:

"This decision is as baffling as it is alarming. Our planet is burning— the least we can do as a party is debate what to do about it," [candidate Beto] O'Rourke said on Twitter following the vote.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/08/democrats_dump_climate_change_debate_recognizing_its_will_bomb_with_voters.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

For now, but it will return.  The Left plays the long game.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As if they haven't all upstaged each other to come up with more radical solutions to a problem that government can't do jack about anyway.  :shrug:

:pop41:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Losers, one and all!  They still do not have a single issue to run on for anything national.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
The one worthwhile thing they could have done was to at least make some effort to slow the wholesale destruction of Amazon rain forest. Unfortunately that wouldn't have had any potential to further the real goal of taking complete control of our personal and economic lives, so it never made it onto their to-do list.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

While at the same time Bernie says it is the greatest threat to the world as the future of the planet is at stake.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,373240.msg2041032.html#msg2041032
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I doubt the Rats will be able to stuff this toothpaste back into the tube.  It'll be fun to watch, though.   :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

I doubt the Rats will be able to stuff this toothpaste back into the tube.  It'll be fun to watch, though.   :2popcorn:

Now that I believe she will be the nominee, I will be curious how Warren can pull off her inevitable move towards the center.    Trump has to keep her in her corner.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Now that I believe she will be the nominee, I will be curious how Warren can pull off her inevitable move towards the center.    Trump has to keep her in her corner.
How else? She will promise two chickens in every pot a electric car in every TeePee or Wigwam!