Author Topic: Dick's Sporting Goods deciding whether to end gun sales  (Read 1106 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dick's Sporting Goods deciding whether to end gun sales
« on: August 20, 2019, 09:28:55 pm »
Dick's Sporting Goods deciding whether to end gun sales
by Melissa Quinn
 | August 20, 2019 02:57 PM

Dick’s Sporting Goods is weighing whether to stop selling firearms, a move that comes as competitor Walmart faces heightened pressure to end the sale of guns altogether following a mass shooting at a store in Texas.

The company, one of the largest firearm retailers in the U.S., is expected to announce with its quarterly results Thursday the conclusions from a test of whether to leave the “hunt” business, according to CNN.

As Dick’s mulled whether to end the sale of firearms, the Coraopolis, Pennsylvania-based company stopped selling guns and hunting gear in 10 of its more than 720 stores last year and eliminated those products from 125 more locations this year.

The sporting goods retailer said it would examine how the move impacted overall store sales and was expected to finish its review this month.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dicks-sporting-goods-mulls-ending-gun-sales
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Dick's Sporting Goods deciding whether to end gun sales
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 09:32:10 pm »
A sporting goods store that doesn't sell hunting rifles or ammo?

Yeah, that a winning business strategy.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 09:46:51 pm »
SJW CEO's must learn there is a price for assholery.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 11:04:21 pm »
They may as well end the sales, because supporters of the 2nd Amendment are sure as Heck not going to shop for a gun there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 11:14:36 pm »
As Dick’s mulled whether to end the sale of firearms, the Coraopolis, Pennsylvania-based company stopped selling guns and hunting gear in 10 of its more than 720 stores last year and eliminated those products from 125 more locations this year.

What a bunch of Dicks.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 11:54:09 pm »
They may as well end the sales, because supporters of the 2nd Amendment are sure as Heck not going to shop for a gun there.

This one doesn't shop there for anything at all.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 02:09:40 am »
I'll never set foot on one.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 02:57:34 pm »
This one doesn't shop there for anything at all.

Guns aren't my hobby, but trail "running" is. Dick's sells several brands of shoes I would consider buying (I do not buy Nike), but I WILL NOT darken their doorway with my shadow. There's lots of competitors here in Silicon Valley, with Sports Basement and Road Runners being close to me.

As for guns, there's a gun shop about 5 minutes' drive from my home. I'd find good selection and knowledgeable people there, unlike Dick's or (probably) Walmart.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.