Author Topic: Political Pros of Both Parties Think They’re Blowing It  (Read 454 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Political Pros of Both Parties Think They’re Blowing It

Aug 20, 2019

RUSH: You know what I think it’s fascinating to do? Both parties, political professionals think they’re on the verge of screwing up. Both party political professionals have people that are talking to people in media, feeding them narratives and stories. Republicans are worried that they’re losing suburbia. The Democrats are paranoid they are losing rural America.

I’m going to compare some of these stories today. I’m gonna share with you what the Democrat panic oriented stories are, what the Republican panic related stories are. And you can decide with, of course, a little assistance from me, which of these two different takes happens to be closer to the truth.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I’m gonna start doing the A-B, side-by-side comparison, left-wing Democrat political professionals, what they think their problems are, and then right-wing political professionals, Republicans and what they think their problems are.

Jill Biden has already weighed in. Jill Biden, the wife of Plugs. (paraphrasing) “You may like another candidate better, you may like another candidate better than you like my husband, but you have to beat Trump. Maybe you have to swallow a little bit.” This is Plugs’ wife saying this on the campaign trail.

Quote, “Your candidate might be better on, I don’t know, healthcare than Joe is, but you’ve got to look at who’s going to win this election, and maybe you have to swallow a little bit and say, ‘Okay, I personally like so and so better,’ but your bottom line has to be that we have to beat Trump.”

His own wife is out there admitting that he’s a dud and that infinitely more people are probably liked better than her husband is. But when it comes to beating Trump, there’s no other choice. This is precisely why we want Plugs to get the nomination. But I wouldn’t be disappointed if half of that field got the nomination.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let’s get started on this A-B, side-by-side comparison. And let me set it as a prelude by telling you that the Republican contribution in this side-by-side comparison is filled with a lot of very interesting, salient points. The Republican story that I’m gonna share with you is written by Ron Nehring. He’s an opinion contributor at TheHill.com.

He’s former chairman of the California Republican Party. He was the campaign spokesman in 2016 for Ted Cruz. And he’s trying to warn everybody what you’ve already been warned, that California is what needs to be seen as the future of America if the Democrats prevail, not as an outlier.

Now, you who have listened to this program regularly have heard that take. My opinion that California is the model for what the left hopes to accomplish nationwide. And the fundamental take from what’s happened to California is there is no Republican Party of any substance or consequence and how it happened, how it’s brought about. So that’s his take.

“Three Real Problems Republicans Need to Address to Win in 2020.” Here are the three, but this is just setting the table. “Republicans have not won a presidential election in difficult economic times in 40 years. Republicans are hemorrhaging support in suburbia. And California is the canary in the coal mine, not the outlier.”

He says, “Here is a list of personalities that for the big picture may be fun to talk about but do not matter,” a hill of beans in terms of winning reelection to the White House in 2020. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ihlan Omar, Jeffrey Epstein and related conspiracy theories, the Clintons, Robert Mueller, James Comey, Julian Assange and Roger Stone. Any focus on any of that is a total waste of time and is of no consequence and no help in reelecting Trump to the White House in 2020.

He says, “If you are a Republican activist, candidate or elected official, one or more of these names is lurking somewhere in your Facebook or Twitter news feed right now. And not one of them matter. Here are the three things that do matter. They are more complicated, strategic and impactful,” but they’re not nearly as fun to talk about.

“Republicans have not won a presidential election in difficult economic times in 40 years. Republicans are hemorrhaging support in suburbia. And California is the canary in the coal mine.” Remember, this is Mr. Nehring, who was the chairman of the California Republican Party. Now, again, that’s setting the table. Details to come.

The Democrat side of this from Politico. “Dems Fear Another Rural Wipeout Will Reelect Trump — Pitches by some 2020 candidates aren’t yet translating into a broad conversation about the needs of rural voters.”

Now, I find this fascinating. The Republican guru thinks that the Republicans are gonna lose if they don’t fix the hemorrhaging in suburbia. The Democrats think they’re gonna lose if they don’t find a way to become attractive to the people Hillary Clinton called deplorables. And of course there’s more details to this.

The other Democrat piece on this is from TheHill.com. “Soft Levels of Support Mark This Year’s Democratic Primary.” And this story is about how nobody in the Democrat field is lighting anything up. Trump is out-fundraising them in blue states like the details we had for the state of Washington and the city of Seattle yesterday. That in New Hampshire Fauxcahontas couldn’t draw more than 700 people. Biden drew 30 people in New Hampshire the same night Trump drew 12,000 inside, another 12,000 outside.

Although it must be stated, Fauxcahontas had some kind of event in Minnesota and looks like there’s 12,000 people there. That’s what the story says. And the picture would provide evidence for that. But this concern is that there just isn’t anybody lighting it up. There’s nobody generating any excitement, nobody in the Democrat side that is making a connection with voters in the same way that Trump is.

So it’s interesting, to me anyway, that both sides think they are in deep trouble because of certain demographics or certain swaths of voters. I think it is highly illustrative of how political professionals go about the job. I think it’s very illustrative of how Trump won.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/08/20/political-pros-of-both-parties-think-theyre-blowing-it/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34