Author Topic: Phoenix police must now document each time they point their gun at someone  (Read 2096 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Phoenix police must now document each time they point their gun at someone
By Owen Daugherty - 08/20/19 12:51 PM EDT

Phoenix police officers are now required to document every time they point a gun at an individual.

Phoenix police Chief Jeri Williams said at a news conference Monday that the move came after months of deliberation and findings from a review conducted by the National Police Foundation (NPF) recommended the policy, according to CNN.

"When a gun is pointed at someone, that's a traumatic event,” Williams said. "I think this is a first step in being ... that accountable, transparent organization that is willing to share what we do and how we do it."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/458099-phoenix-police-must-now-document-each-time-they-point-their-gun-at
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't have a problem with this.  Cops are generally good guys, but they carry an awesome amount of authority and have to be held responsible for their actions and encouraged to do the right thing.

Offline roamer_1

I don't have a problem with this.  Cops are generally good guys, but they carry an awesome amount of authority and have to be held responsible for their actions and encouraged to do the right thing.

I think that's generally standard procedure...

Offline GrouchoTex

@Sanguine
@roamer_1

I was thinking that in some police departments, paperwork was filed when the firearm came out of your holster and into your hand, regardless whether it was pointed, fired, or not.
Maybe Phoenix is just catching up to some of the other ones.

Offline roamer_1

I was thinking that in some police departments, paperwork was filed when the firearm came out of your holster and into your hand, regardless whether it was pointed, fired, or not.
Maybe Phoenix is just catching up to some of the other ones.

That's sure true here @GrouchoTex ... Same for tazer or for asp. Mandatory report, and IAD follow-through.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is the right thing to do.  Drawing on someone may be painless or even amusing to an LEO, but it scares the shit out of a citizen (sometimes literally).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

They do document it. I've read enough police reports (as a reporter) to have noticed that every time cops have to draw on a suspect, they put it in the report.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org