Author Topic: Syrian rebel militants regroup in southern Khan Sheikhoun as regime troops advance on key town  (Read 210 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Syrian rebel militants regroup in southern Khan Sheikhoun as regime troops advance on key town
Date of publication: 20 August, 2019
Follow @The_NewArab

The main rebel group in Syria's Idlib province said on Tuesday it had partially pulled out its fighters from a key opposition-held town as regime forces advanced in the area.

UK-based war monitor the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) initially reported that Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) had withdrawn from its last position in northern Hama province and from the key town of Khan Sheikhoun.

Under rebel control since 2014, Khan Sheikhoun is located near a key highway that links the regime-held capital Damascus with the northern city of Aleppo.

Pro-regime forces have been engaged in a fierce battle with the extremist insurgent group and former affiliates of Al-Qaeda, HTS, over the past week in the hopes of recapturing the town and road, leaving dozens of fighters from both sides dead.

Read more at: https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2019/8/20/rebels-regroup-as-syrian-troops-advance-on-khan-sheikhoun

Offline TomSea

Some of this reporting is largely unverified... so, will attach to this article.

Liberation of Khan Sheikhoun Lead to a Defeat for the Turkish Regime - The Syrian Observer

Retired Brigadier-General Haitham Hassoun believes that the fall of Khan Sheikhoun will lead to the defeat of the Turkish regime in Idleb and Hama writes The Syria Times.

A military and strategic expert has asserted that the liberation of Khan Sheikhoun will tighten the noose around the terrorist strongholds in the northern countryside of Hama and it will lead to a direct military defeat for the Turkish occupation forces in the Morek area and in the east of the city.

Retired Brigadier-General Haitham Hassoun told the The Syria Times e-newspaper that the importance of Khan Sheikhoun lies in the fact that it is the terrorists’ largest stronghold in southern Idleb.

Read more at: https://syrianobserver.com/EN/features/52491/liberation-of-khan-sheikhoun-lead-to-a-defeat-for-the-turkish-regime.html

Amazing photo of this Khan Shiekhoun. Even if this war ended in Assad's favor, the country will need so much rebuilding. This article smacks a bit of pro-Syrian Regime propaganda but we need to hear all sides.

Offline TomSea

I don't know where they get these stories and I don't in generally, find them credible. That the article would seem to show the victim had a "Christian" name in all likelihood, I think I will post this. Who knows what it's really like over there. If one reads AP, BBC, we are getting a very broad view of events there.

Russian militias "execute elderly woman" in Khan Sheikhoun, south of Idlib
  2 Sep, 2019

Russian militias on Sunday evening shot dead an elderly woman in the town of Khan Sheikhoun, south of Idlib, when they raided and looted her home after evacuating the city from the residents.

The old woman, " Khan Sheikhoun" was killed by members of the Russian militias yesterday night when they "looted" her home in the city of Khan Sheikhoun, local sources reported, explaining that they executed her after she refused to leave the house.

The sources pointed out that the victim remained in the city of Khan Sheikhoun, and did not leave at all despite the intensity of the Russian bombing that targeted the city in the past periods, likely that the reason for the deterioration of its financial situation.

Read more at: http://nedaa-sy.com/en/news/15577

They've published articles harsh on our allies, the Kurds, accused them of organ harvesting but back to the original article above, if this is true, this kind of stuff needs to be known by Human Rights organizations, the free press, UN and so on. This would be atrocious.

I think that website benefits the Syrian Free Army, I think it's mostly propaganda but that's just an opinion.

So, since these articles could be malicious, I'll steer clear from making them the main story.

Also, whoever writes this for Syria Call, is not using some clunky, awkward English, they basically speak it like us. It's very understandable.

They'd also have to be coming up with these wild stories almost every day. That's another thing to consider.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 04:58:55 pm by TomSea »