Author Topic: Mitt Romney: Climate change is happening, humans a significant contributor  (Read 720 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So we see Mitt saying all of this for purely political reasons.  He has no moral compass.
U.S. Sen. Mitt Romney said Monday that he believes climate change is happening and human activity is a significant contributor.

During a speech at the conservative Sutherland Institute in Salt Lake City, the senator acknowledged that the position is rare among his fellow Republicans, but one that younger people seem to respond to more strongly than older conservatives.

“In some respects, (by speaking with newer conservatives), I’ll be able to make inroads with some of the young people coming along,” he said.

The former GOP presidential nominee has acknowledged climate change before, and said during his 2018 campaign for U.S. Senate in Utah that “climate realities” will make wildfires more common and destructive in the West. His comments Monday took that stance a step further.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/19/mitt-romney-climate-change-happening-humans-contri/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Yecchhhh.....

The most regrettable vote I ever cast...!

Online Hoodat

Let me know if Mitt ever comes up with any evidence at all that supports his claim.  Meanwhile, I will be mulling over 600,000 years of Vostok ice core data that show temperature changes to be cyclical, that rising temperatures cause CO2 levels to rise, and that falling temperatures cause CO2 levels to decrease.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Let me know if Mitt ever comes up with any evidence at all that supports his claim.  Meanwhile, I will be mulling over 600,000 years of Vostok ice core data that show temperature changes to be cyclical, that rising temperatures cause CO2 levels to rise, and that falling temperatures cause CO2 levels to decrease.
Well, according to what I was taught in school, Earth's climate has been changing for 4,600,000,000 years or so, so I really don't think humans can do a lot about it.

But people like to feel like they are in control. 'specially city folks, who live in a mainly artificial environment.
Nature is scary.
Nature really doesn't care who ends up food or who has dinner, but someone, something will. That's Nature.
Nature exerts forces that either slowly or quickly can demolish anything humans construct.
So that feeling that humans can control the climate, and Nature itself, is heady brew for those who feel (rightfully) insignificant in the face of a storm, earthquake, or volcanic eruption, or the inexorable bulldozer effect of a glacier.

At the bottom of the whole hoax is the deep desire of humans to believe they are in control, and that's why so many are willing to buy into it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 03:02:37 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Well, according to what I was taught in school, Earth's climate has been changing for 4,600,000,000 years or so, so I really don't think humans can do a lot about it.

But people like to feel like they are in control. 'specially city folks, who live in a mainly artificial environment.
Nature is scary.
Nature really doesn't care who ends up food or who has dinner, but someone, something will. That's Nature.
Nature exerts forces that either slowly or quickly can demolish anything humans construct.
So that feeling that humans can control the climate, and Nature itself, is heady brew for those who feel (rightfully) insignificant in the face of a storm, earthquake, or volcanic eruption, or the inexorable bulldozer effect of a glacier.

At the bottom of the whole hoax is the deep desire of humans to believe they are in control, and that's why so many are willing to buy into it.

Rush Limbaugh was ON FIRE this afternoon on a related 'climate change' topic.   The segment should be mandatory audio for every American.  Had to do with thermostat settings and how tyrannical the Left is. 

The Globalists "..were THIS close" to killing the United States sovereignty, which is necessary for 'Nationalism' to die and for the New World Order to take hold.

If Hillary Clinton had won the way they thought, the 60 MILLION illegals (not a whimsical number) would have been granted full citizenship and amnesty.

Good bye Conservatives.  Run for your lives.  Literally.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

What a moron.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If humans contribute to GW, it is the Chinese, Indians, Brazilians, Russians etc.

The USA alone could take the most extreme measures, and not make a dent in the results.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Absalom

Smokin, on the mark; but as for Romney, a reflection.
More than half a century ago, Barry Goldwater, a distinguished AF Major General
and the force behind the AF Academy, was the GOP candidate for POTUS in 1964.
More significantly, he was a Principled Conservative in the mold of Madison and Monroe.
But the likes of lefty R governors Rockefeller, Scranton and Romney, refused to support
him, instead running an aggressive tv ad campaign, in the millions, against him.
Those three scumbags never paid a political price for their treachery and Romney
Junior is little more than another fraud, hustler and scumbag.

Offline Smokin Joe

Smokin, on the mark; but as for Romney, a reflection.
More than half a century ago, Barry Goldwater, a distinguished AF Major General
and the force behind the AF Academy, was the GOP candidate for POTUS in 1964.
More significantly, he was a Principled Conservative in the mold of Madison and Monroe.
But the likes of lefty R governors Rockefeller, Scranton and Romney, refused to support
him, instead running an aggressive tv ad campaign, in the millions, against him.
Those three scumbags never paid a political price for their treachery and Romney
Junior is little more than another fraud, hustler and scumbag.
Here's what killed Goldwater, more than anything. He was painted as a warmonger, even as LBJ buried the first big installments of 58,000+ Americans in VIetnam.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Goebbels would have been so proud.

Democrats have been pointing the finger at Republicans and blaming them for the things the Dems do ever since, and it still works!

Actually what slowed the Rockefeller crowd was Gerald Ford, who refused to step down (as I believe he was intended to do) and let Rockefeller take over. Then Rockefeller died (and I heard three very different versions on the radio of how and where in a half an hour before the story was 'settled').

It is a pity Goldwater didn't win. Wallace was shaking things up, too, before he got shot (maybe why).

It seems the tables are conveniently cleared of contenders from any but the 'big two', as Ross Perot was likely threatened as he said, something just outlandish enough to have plausible denial, and to allow Perot to be presented as nutso.

Obama's Administration used that formula with great success, doing things so outrageous they read like overblown dime novels, in plain sight.

Romney showed his stripes in Mass.with gay marriage and Romneycare, both moving the ball toward the Communists goal.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

So. Mitt finally received his doctorate in Environmental Science and
is speaking from direct knowledge.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online libertybele

Yecchhhh.....

The most regrettable vote I ever cast...!

Mine too, but it was Bammy v. Mittens.  Such a choice.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Clearly Mitt's trying to fill McCain's shoes. But he just isn't as likable.

Offline dfwgator

Here's what killed Goldwater, more than anything. He was painted as a warmonger, even as LBJ buried the first big installments of 58,000+ Americans in VIetnam.

I remember the old joke, "I was told that if I voted for Goldwater, that we'd have riots in the streets, and we would be in a long, unwinnable war.....Well, I voted for Goldwater, and darn if they weren't right."

Offline Smokin Joe

I remember the old joke, "I was told that if I voted for Goldwater, that we'd have riots in the streets, and we would be in a long, unwinnable war.....Well, I voted for Goldwater, and darn if they weren't right."
For years those of us who took school trips into D.C.  joked about being at "The Battle of 14th and K"...

(I still have my Goldwater Dollar somewhere, and a skinny black tie with Goldwater '64 on it. I used to wear the tie to torment the local GOP meetings.)

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Nature is scary.

:yowsa:  pointing-up 

And not a damned one of these so-called experts can tell you what the optimum temperature of the Earth is supposed to be!  Experts my A$$!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

him [...]

Good post... and with regard to the current Romney: That particular apple didn't fall far from the horse.

:beer:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Mine too, but it was Bammy v. Mittens.  Such a choice.

Exactly what you get when you let the elites tell you who your candidates should can be.

PS: Never voted for Mitt Romney and never will.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 04:55:39 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

Clearly Mitt's trying to fill McCain's shoes. But he just isn't as likable.

Well, as far as likeability...that sure doesn't say much for Mitt.