Author Topic: Iranian-American US Navy captain may head carrier in Arabian Gulf amid tensions  (Read 467 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iranian-American US Navy captain may head carrier in Arabian Gulf amid tensions

Kavon Hakimzadeh’s deployment may include sailing off the coast of Iran. (Photo courtesy: US Navy)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English Saturday, 17 August 2019

An Iranian-American who fled Iran as a child has been assigned in July as the Navy captain of the USS Harry S. Truman, a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, that could possibly be deployed to the Arabian Gulf amid heightened tensions between the US and Iran.

Kavon Hakimzadeh’s deployment may include sailing off the coast of Iran, according to The Virginian-Pilot, a daily newspaper based in Norfolk, Virginia.

While the US Navy often deploys aircraft carriers as a deterrent to tensions around the world, it does not disclose where and when the ships will go.

The newspaper reported that Hakimzadeh’s carrier strike group has completed its last major exercise before deployment.

Read more at: https://english.alarabiya.net/en/features/2019/08/17/Iranian-American-US-Navy-captain-may-command-Arabian-Gulf-carrier-amid-tensions.html

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Fine with me.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Fine with me.
Yep. I worked with people who had been born there and came over when the Shah was ousted. Fine folks, and they would likely put the "American" first. One of the problems with all that hyphenation, is that it really doesn't show where the loyalties lie.

If this man has served well enough long enough to captain a carrier, I don't have a problem with that at all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
truth seeker wrote:
"Fine with me."

My response is a "conditional":
If he's non-muslim, it's ok with me, too.

If he IS a muslim, sorry -- I don't trust muslims, and certainly not in a position of authority that high.

Sorry, that will NEVER change with me.
And I don't care what others think.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
truth seeker wrote:
"Fine with me."

My response is a "conditional":
If he's non-muslim, it's ok with me, too.

If he IS a muslim, sorry -- I don't trust muslims, and certainly not in a position of authority that high.

Sorry, that will NEVER change with me.
And I don't care what others think.
Considering that may be a prevailing ideology, it is good to be cautious. THe Iraninas I knew and worked with were Methodists, and Armenian rather than Persian.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Muslim invasions made most Zoroastrians flee but some remained and some could be that also or Bahais I guess, I've met Bahais before.

Also, Shi'ites as are prevalent in Iran; seem to have some sense to them, nevermind, the top layer, the Mullahs.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:50:52 am by TomSea »