General Category > Military/Defense News

Iranian-American US Navy captain may head carrier in Arabian Gulf amid tensions

(1/2) > >>

TomSea:

--- Quote ---Iranian-American US Navy captain may head carrier in Arabian Gulf amid tensions

Kavon Hakimzadeh’s deployment may include sailing off the coast of Iran. (Photo courtesy: US Navy)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English Saturday, 17 August 2019

An Iranian-American who fled Iran as a child has been assigned in July as the Navy captain of the USS Harry S. Truman, a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, that could possibly be deployed to the Arabian Gulf amid heightened tensions between the US and Iran.

Kavon Hakimzadeh’s deployment may include sailing off the coast of Iran, according to The Virginian-Pilot, a daily newspaper based in Norfolk, Virginia.

While the US Navy often deploys aircraft carriers as a deterrent to tensions around the world, it does not disclose where and when the ships will go.

The newspaper reported that Hakimzadeh’s carrier strike group has completed its last major exercise before deployment.

Read more at: https://english.alarabiya.net/en/features/2019/08/17/Iranian-American-US-Navy-captain-may-command-Arabian-Gulf-carrier-amid-tensions.html
--- End quote ---

truth_seeker:
Fine with me.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: truth_seeker on August 20, 2019, 02:41:28 am ---Fine with me.

--- End quote ---
Yep. I worked with people who had been born there and came over when the Shah was ousted. Fine folks, and they would likely put the "American" first. One of the problems with all that hyphenation, is that it really doesn't show where the loyalties lie.

If this man has served well enough long enough to captain a carrier, I don't have a problem with that at all.

Fishrrman:
truth seeker wrote:
"Fine with me."

My response is a "conditional":
If he's non-muslim, it's ok with me, too.

If he IS a muslim, sorry -- I don't trust muslims, and certainly not in a position of authority that high.

Sorry, that will NEVER change with me.
And I don't care what others think.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Fishrrman on August 21, 2019, 12:49:47 am ---truth seeker wrote:
"Fine with me."

My response is a "conditional":
If he's non-muslim, it's ok with me, too.

If he IS a muslim, sorry -- I don't trust muslims, and certainly not in a position of authority that high.

Sorry, that will NEVER change with me.
And I don't care what others think.

--- End quote ---
Considering that may be a prevailing ideology, it is good to be cautious. THe Iraninas I knew and worked with were Methodists, and Armenian rather than Persian.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version