Author Topic: Today's Toons 8/19/19  (Read 5728 times)

Online pookie18

Today's Toons 8/19/19
« on: August 19, 2019, 08:10:52 am »

Click below for related audio:

Click below for related story:

Click below for related video:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter T:

(Thank you, cartoonist Rex May)

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

Detroit held two Democratic debates this week as twenty presidential candidates railed against the status quo. America's class system is the weirdest devised by any society. We're the only country in history where the rich and the famous starve themselves and the poor weigh four hundred pounds.

President Trump's attack on Elijah Cummings' squalid West Baltimore district is a recitation of rat infestation and high crime rate detailed by the Baltimore Sun and PBS. Trump said nobody wants to live in Baltimore now, and thanks to the murder rate, many of their dreams are coming true.

National Geographic published an article on the success of wild animal sanctuaries in East Africa and how many previously-threatened species are now thriving in Africa. I learned from the article that a group of baboons is called a Congress. I guess it doesn't matter where they are located.

The Democratic presidential candidates fanned out to Iowa and New Hampshire and South Carolina where they campaigned hard for young adults. It's fun to watch Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders competing for the Millennial voters. Their combined age happens to be a Millennium.

Joe Biden led the other Democratic candidates by a big margin in polls following Wednesday's debate followed by Kamala Harris. Both campaigns have decided to flood the social media most used by their followers. Last week, Kamala Harris joined Instagram while Joe Biden joined Telegram.

The Democratic presidential candidates ended their pitch to the voters with an appeal for donations from supporters. I thought it was brilliant at the end of the debate when the other candidates gave their website addresses and Joe Biden gave his offshore retirement account number.

The El Paso shooter drove to El Paso from Dallas to carry out his shooting of Hispanics at the WalMart in a blind racist rage Saturday. In an unintended way, the shooter may have proved his point, that we can't let asylum seekers and war refugees into the U.S. It's too dangerous for them here.

The White House condemned the culture of gun violence and the hatred behind the motives of mass shooters. All day long, cable TV news focused its coverage upon the body count from the shootings in El Paso and Dayton. The Mayor of Chicago promised they'll do better next weekend.

President Trump was scheduled to fly to El Paso and begin the job of consoling all the victims he can of El Paso's and Dayton's shooting sprees. Imagine how Chicagoans felt. Chicago tallied seven murdered and forty-nine wounded and still finished third in the Central Division.

USA Today covered the candidates at the Iowa State Fair where they got engaged in a bidding war. Liz called Trump a racist, then Biden called Trump a white supremacist, then Beto O'Rourke called Trump a Nazi. I think whoever calls him the anti-Christ first will get the nomination.

(Thank you, Sighlass)

Online Polly Ticks

Re: Today's Toons 8/19/19
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 12:04:00 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online pookie18

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 02:15:45 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!

You're welcome, Polly Ticks!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 02:38:41 pm »
Thanks for the toons and Moon's Daeg extras, Pookie!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online pookie18

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 02:45:47 pm »
Thanks for the toons and Moon's Daeg extras, Pookie!!!

My pleasure, CL!

Offline ricebug

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 05:56:02 pm »
G'day, Pookie!!

Online pookie18

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 06:17:19 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 09:08:17 am »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 09:24:42 am »
Thank you Pookie !
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online pookie18

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 10:22:22 am »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, as always, Smokin Joe!

Online pookie18

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 10:22:54 am »
Thank you Pookie !

My pleasure, as ever, Sighlass!

Offline verga

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 01:22:49 pm »
Sorry I am late Pookie, computer on the fritz, thank you
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online pookie18

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2019, 01:56:01 pm »
Sorry I am late Pookie, computer on the fritz, thank you

You're welcome, Verga!