Author Topic: Dem Field to Challenge Cornyn Grows to 8  (Read 627 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Dem Field to Challenge Cornyn Grows to 8
« on: August 19, 2019, 02:05:55 am »
Texas Scorecard By Destin Sensky August 14, 2019

Cristina Tzintzún Ramirez is the latest candidate to enter the robust Democrat primary field.

An eighth Democrat has joined the crowded primary field to challenge Republican U.S. Sen. John Cornyn. Cristina Tzintzún Ramirez, a young, progressive activist who founded the organizations the Workers Defense Project and Jolt, has thrown her hat in the ring for the Democrat nomination.

Since her announcement, Ramirez has signaled that her campaign will seek to take several plays out of the playbook utilized by former Congressman and candidate for Senate, Robert “Beto” O’Rourke.

O’Rourke came within 3 points of beating U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz last year, the closest that Democrats have come in recent history to winning a statewide office in Texas. Like O’Rourke, Ramirez has made clear she will be working to court young and Latino voters across the state.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/federal/dem-field-to-challenge-cornyn-grows-to-8/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Dem Field to Challenge Cornyn Grows to 8
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 03:28:43 am »
I despise Cornyn.  But, I'll take him over any of these dems.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 07:37:15 pm »
Texas Scorecard By Destin Sensky August 14, 2019

Cristina Tzintzún Ramirez is the latest candidate to enter the robust Democrat primary field.

Since her announcement, Ramirez has signaled that her campaign will seek to take several plays out of the playbook utilized by former Congressman and candidate for Senate, Robert “Beto” O’Rourke.

Not too bright, taking cues from a loser.  That is called the McCain/Romney syndrome.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 07:42:30 pm »
Not too bright, taking cues from a loser.  That is called the McCain/Romney syndrome.

$20 a vote?  Is that the clue?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 07:49:00 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

"Ramirez has signaled that her campaign will seek to take several plays out of the playbook utilized by former Congressman and candidate for Senate, Robert “Beto” O’Rourke."

O'Rourke almost won by doing one thing - this is what Ramirez will do as he did:
He went to every county in Texas, 254.  If she does that, she will be known in all these counties.  O'Rourke was an unknown, until he did that - the Democrat party in each of these counties, helped him do that, set up the venue.  If she collects enough money to do it - she will.

Online berdie

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 08:20:16 pm »
$20 a vote?  Is that the clue?

Hopefully, there won't be enough money to spread around in a general like the Dems had in the primaries.

I don't care for Cornyn...but he beats the Dems in my mind.