Author Topic: 'That is ridiculous': Andrew Gillum rips Rick Santorum for claiming guns aren't 'problem' in mass sh  (Read 639 times)

Online libertybele

Very thankful right now that the corruption was stopped and Gillum didn't become our governor.

'That is ridiculous': Andrew Gillum rips Rick Santorum for claiming guns aren't 'problem' in mass shootings

Former Tallahassee, Fla., Mayor Andrew Gillum slammed former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum's stance on gun control as “ridiculous” for saying guns are not the “problem” in mass shootings.

“The Republican Party is going to focus on what the problem is, and the problem is not the gun; the problem is the people who are using those guns,” Santorum said when pressed whether the GOP needs to “give a little” on measures like expanding background checks. “The problem is not trying to ban guns or trying to put more gun laws in place, because the people committing these crimes are breaking the law, and they don’t really care whether they violate gun crimes or not.”

“That is ridiculous,” retorted Gillum, who campaigned in favor of expanded gun-control legislation when he ran for governor of Florida last year.

“It’s not the opioids that’s the problem; it’s the people taking the opioids,” he said, presumably equating Santorum’s comments to the opioid crisis............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/that-is-ridiculous-andrew-gillum-rips-rick-santorum-for-claiming-guns-arent-problem-in-mass-shootings-174226460.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So nice Black Gilligan and Fat Stacey are not southern Governors.  We dodged a bullet.  Can't imagine had those to corrupt racists been elected to their respective state houses,
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
So nice Black Gilligan and Fat Stacey are not southern Governors.  We dodged a bullet.  Can't imagine had those to corrupt racists been elected to their respective state houses,

That corrupt bastard gilligan should be in the jail house!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

That's a fact Jack!   888high58888

Offline EdJames

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
People are not responsible for taking opioids?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EdJames

Guys like gilligan have messed up thinking all around...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Doesn't he have some charges to be defending himself from?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

In the barking moonbat view, nobody's responsible, but inanimate objects are.  Loony Gilligan is just being consistent. rrthree
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

Yes, we dodged 2 bullets here in FL.  The DEMS want to turn the southern states of FL and TX blue in the worst way; winning those battleground states would be a sweet victory that would continue to ensure a DEM victory for a very long time. They proved that during the mid terms, and this is exactly my fear in 2020.  Even if Trump were to win by a landslide, the left will not be satisfied until the push, revolt, sue and declare victory.  That is one of the reasons why they want to add more judges to the SCOTUS and that's why they want to do away with the electoral process.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What's ridiculous is that Andrew Gillum is not in prison.

And the same is true for a long list of other Dimocrats all over this country.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 09:23:50 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Rick is correct, as no one has ever seen a gun commit mass murder.

If they did, gun makers and gun stores would all be dead due to vicious guns claiming victims maliciously.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Wingnut

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.