Author Topic: Tlaib calls for boycott of Maher's show after he rails against BDS movement  (Read 399 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tlaib calls for boycott of Maher's show after he rails against BDS movement
by Mike Brest
 | August 18, 2019 10:11 AM

Democratic Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib suggested people should boycott Bill Maher's HBO show, a day after the comedian criticized Democrats who are in favor of boycotting Israel.

The liberal HBO host argued that the boycott, divestment, and sanctions movement, which seeks to penalize Israel for their treatment of Palestinians, “is a bullshit purity test by people who want to appear woke but actually slept through history class.”

Tlaib, who is of Palestinian descent and a supporter of the movement, responded to Maher by tweeting, "Maybe folks should boycott his show. I am tired of folks discrediting a form of speech that is centered on equality and freedom. This is exactly how they tried to discredit & stop the boycott to stand up against the apartheid in S. Africa. It didn't work then and it won't now."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/tlaib-calls-for-boycott-of-mahers-show-after-he-rails-against-bds-movement
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder:  When the clowns start eating each other, does it taste "funny?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
So enjoyable!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline verga

How can anyone take a single member of the squat seriously.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Night Hides Not

I wonder:  When the clowns start eating each other, does it taste "funny?"

LOL, I'm sure it tastes just like chicken, or perhaps a veggie burger.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Bill Cipher

LOL, I'm sure it tastes just like chicken, or perhaps a veggie burger.

More like chickenshit.