General Category > Health/Education

Methodist University Hires a Muslim Chaplain

(1/3) > >>

rangerrebew:
Methodist University Hires a Muslim Chaplain
By John Ellis August 16, 2019
chat 246 comments

The word Christian means something to me. Likewise, the word Islam means something to my Muslim friends. And although we are friends, we also recognize that our religions are not one and the same. In fact, the claims of Christianity and Islam contradict each other, meaning that both religions are not equally valid; both can't be right. Shenandoah University, a Methodist school, believes that Christianity and Islam are equally valid and that their students will benefit from the spiritual guidance of both. To help facilitate this, Shenandoah University has hired a Muslim chaplain. By doing so, the Methodist institution signals that Christianity means nothing to them.

Located in Winchester, Va., Shenandoah University boldly proclaims on its website that "Shenandoah University is one of six United Methodist Church-affiliated institutions of higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The spiritual life team is dedicated to calling, forming and sending leaders for tomorrow’s church and world, offering a wide mixture of programs throughout the academic year."

https://pjmedia.com/faith/methodist-university-hires-a-muslim-chaplain/

rangerrebew:
How nice.  I'm sure every Muslim university has a Christian chaplain, too. *****rollingeyes*****

Cyber Liberty:
Methodists?  Shocking.

:sarc:

PeteS in CA:
The UMC has largely become a group claiming to be Christian, but know more about what in the Bible they don't believe than what they do believe.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: PeteS in CA on August 18, 2019, 02:59:57 pm ---The UMC has largely become a group claiming to be Christian, but know more about what in the Bible they don't believe than what they do believe.

--- End quote ---

I was raised a Methodist back in the 60's but left the Church when the Pastor refused to marry my then-fiance and me because we hadn't donated enough cash.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version