Author Topic: Former Vice President Dick Cheney to make appearance at Trump fundraiser  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Former Vice President Dick Cheney to make appearance at Trump fundraiser
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2019, 08:47:48 pm »
Liz' sister is gay?

Yes, but how is that a connection to Trump?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2019, 08:49:00 pm »

Again with the heads exploding.  I don't know about other people but Cheney isn't on my mind as someone to get excited about.  And it doesn't fit with Trumps previous comments about the war.

Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R7xN5kigqI

Cheney:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dick+cheney+interview+on+iraq+war&view=detail&mid=CA915EAA6B9B3F95E204CA915EAA6B9B3F95E204&FORM=VIRE

I make the connection that the Trump administration helped bring an end to the Iraq war and reign of terror by ISIS, much of it against Christians. But go back to 2015 if that is all you have.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2019, 08:50:03 pm »

Cheney gave Obama that look. Well, Iraq might have some disasters to it but the biggest disaster was pulling our troops out in 2011. I think Cheney knows that at least, Iraq has gotten a lot better in the preceding 2-3 years.

Especially during the terror reign of ISIS right?  The genocide of the Christian people. 

And the Kurds:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Kurds+Iraq+war+since+2011&view=detail&mid=C1985ACC06A8B6D8BB00C1985ACC06A8B6D8BB00&FORM=VIRE

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2019, 08:55:33 pm »
Yes, but how is that a connection to Trump?

I was merely commenting on @Chosen Daughter 's comment.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2019, 09:01:09 pm »
I was merely commenting on @Chosen Daughter 's comment.

Sorry, I didn't mean you.  I was hoping @Chosen Daughter would weigh in.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2019, 09:18:14 pm »
I make the connection that the Trump administration helped bring an end to the Iraq war and reign of terror by ISIS, much of it against Christians. But go back to 2015 if that is all you have.

That was the point.  Trump and Cheney are polar opposites concerning the war.  At least that is what he said in the debate. I think it is a mistake to say ISIS is gone.  Its not. 

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/05/28/how-isis-still-threatens-iraq/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2019, 09:22:38 pm »

No problem. I have a small understanding of what the family dynamic is with a gay family member. The Cheneys have always loved their daughters, and Dick has always supported both daughters.

It's the same way with our family: I have a gay nephew, and my sister loves him just the same as her daughter. OTOH, my niece has a leg up on him, as she'll present my sister with her first grandchild at the end of the year.   :beer:

They're all coming down in a few weeks for my son's wedding, and I am not anticipating any issues arising...nor should there be. A wedding is a celebration, not a place for politics and discussions of societal issues. I'm just thrilled they're making the long journey from the West Coast to Texas.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2019, 09:27:41 pm »
They're all coming down in a few weeks for my son's wedding, and I am not anticipating any issues arising...nor should there be. A wedding is a celebration, not a place for politics and discussions of societal issues. I'm just thrilled they're making the long journey from the West Coast to Texas.

What a wonderful plan!  Enjoy these moments, they're once in a lifetime, even if you're the Father of the Groom.  If you lived near me, I'd lend you a Kegerator.  Beer or Soda's on you...lol.

(Yes, you can set up a Kegerator up for soda pop.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2019, 09:30:59 pm »
What a wonderful plan!  Enjoy these moments, they're once in a lifetime, even if you're the Father of the Groom.  If you lived near me, I'd lend you a Kegerator.  Beer or Soda's on you...lol.

(Yes, you can set up a Kegerator up for soda pop.)

SACRILEGE!!!

But thanks anyway! :rolling:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 09:31:51 pm by Night Hides Not »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2019, 09:40:03 pm »
No problem. I have a small understanding of what the family dynamic is with a gay family member. The Cheneys have always loved their daughters, and Dick has always supported both daughters.

It's the same way with our family: I have a gay nephew, and my sister loves him just the same as her daughter. OTOH, my niece has a leg up on him, as she'll present my sister with her first grandchild at the end of the year.   :beer:

I have a gay cousin and after living that life for many years he has turned away from it and to God.  It's a beautiful thing.   happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2019, 09:43:46 pm »
I have a gay cousin and after living that life for many years he has turned away from it and to God.  It's a beautiful thing.   happy77

Isn't that illegal in California and several other States?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2019, 09:52:32 pm »
Isn't that illegal in California and several other States?

Probably.  He's got to be careful.   :pondering:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2019, 09:55:41 pm »

Since you asked I will weigh in on it.  I also have a gay brother who I love.  What I don't love is what the gay community is doing to this country.

I was hoping that people here would weigh in on this also:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,372475.0.html

While we are defending Trump from Russiagate and planning his reelection the country is quietly being transformed by the left.  Right under Trumps nose.  Do you want to see a grandchild born and have the parents designate it an it on the birth certificate?  Do you like the fact that women can no longer compete in professional sports?  Do you want your sidewalks painted in rainbow gay?

How is he connected?  His approval.  He waved that rainbow flag sending a signal that he approves.  Further he approved just recently.  Making comments that he thinks its great that Buttigiege is campaigning with his husband.  Saying some people may have a problem but he didn't.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/17/fox-interview-trump-buttigieg-gay-campaign-husband-chasten/

And I don't have a problem with people being gay.  Given the current politics of forcing everyone to celebrate gayness I openly say I object to gay couple for president.  Trump may like it but I don't .  I don't like the fact that our city allows naked people to say they are proud by exposing themseves at pride time.  I don't like to see small children exposed to sex in the open.  Children are not even allowed to stay pure and innocent.  Do you like that bisexuals have story times in public libraries?  I don't.  And since Trump isn't publicly condemning this, but openly approving theres a connection.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 09:56:31 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2019, 09:58:30 pm »

Since you asked I will weigh in on it.  I also have a gay brother who I love.  What I don't love is what the gay community is doing to this country.

I was hoping that people here would weigh in on this also:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,372475.0.html

While we are defending Trump from Russiagate and planning his reelection the country is quietly being transformed by the left.  Right under Trumps nose.  Do you want to see a grandchild born and have the parents designate it an it on the birth certificate?  Do you like the fact that women can no longer compete in professional sports?  Do you want your sidewalks painted in rainbow gay?

How is he connected?  His approval.  He waved that rainbow flag sending a signal that he approves.  Further he approved just recently.  Making comments that he thinks its great that Buttigiege is campaigning with his husband.  Saying some people may have a problem but he didn't.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/17/fox-interview-trump-buttigieg-gay-campaign-husband-chasten/

And I don't have a problem with people being gay.  Given the current politics of forcing everyone to celebrate gayness I openly say I object to gay couple for president.  Trump may like it but I don't .  I don't like the fact that our city allows naked people to say they are proud by exposing themseves at pride time.  I don't like to see small children exposed to sex in the open.  Children are not even allowed to stay pure and innocent.  Do you like that bisexuals have story times in public libraries?  I don't.  And since Trump isn't publicly condemning this, but openly approving theres a connection.

Liz Cheney is linked to Trump because she has a gay sister and Liz disapproves of homosexuality and Trump doesn't outright condemn it?

Nevermind.  I don't need to understand after all.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2019, 10:20:20 pm »
Liz Cheney is linked to Trump because she has a gay sister and Liz disapproves of homosexuality and Trump doesn't outright condemn it?

Nevermind.  I don't need to understand after all.

Well you corrected me.  I thought that Liz was the gay sister.  I guess its just Trump that is the gay lobby.