Author Topic: Former Vice President Dick Cheney to make appearance at Trump fundraiser  (Read 1357 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Vice President Dick Cheney to make appearance at Trump fundraiser
by Carlin Becker
 | August 17, 2019 07:25 PM

Former Vice President Dick Cheney is set to appear alongside his daughter Rep. Liz Cheney at a fundraiser for the Republican National Committee and President Trump's 2020 reelection campaign on Monday.

The Jackson, Wyoming, fundraiser will also feature "special guests" and White House staffers Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, and Mick Mulvaney. According to the Washington Post, the invitation for the event does not list the trio with their official titles. Rather, it clarifies that "their participation in the event is not a solicitation of funds" as federal law prohibits administration officials from campaigning.

The news comes as the former vice president has been critical of Trump's foreign policy moves, having pressed current Vice President Mike Pence on some of the president's isolationist stances as well as the administration’s hard line toward U.S. allies in NATO.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/former-vice-president-dick-cheney-to-make-appearance-at-trump-fundraiser
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What's left of liberal heads will be exploding over this; and I include W.

Offline PeteS in CA

It is a very visible break with Bush family doings. Not necessarily surprising, except maybe to folks who imagined GWB was Darth Cheney's puppet.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline aligncare

I believe Liz Cheney has been defending Trump administration policies and showing support for Trump himself, too.

Seems many NeverTrumpers are reevaluating their opposition to Trump and coming aboard his re-election effort. Of course, there are still many others—dead-enders—who haven’t. Their virtue knows no bounds.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 02:57:02 pm by aligncare »

Offline Night Hides Not

I believe Liz Cheney has been defending Trump administration policies and showing support for Trump himself, too.

Seems many NeverTrumpers are reevaluating their opposition to Trump and coming aboard his re-election effort. Of course, there are still many others—dead-enders—who haven’t. Their virtue knows no bounds.

A dad is helping out his daughter, nothing more. The Trump faction of the Republican party currently rules and calls the shots. Liz is trying to stay viable within the party. Her seat in Wyoming is pretty safe, she must have her eyes set on something higher.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

A dad is helping out his daughter, nothing more. The Trump faction of the Republican party currently rules and calls the shots. Liz is trying to stay viable within the party. Her seat in Wyoming is pretty safe, she must have her eyes set on something higher.

Or .... Applying Occam's razor:  Both Cheney's want to see President Trump reelected.  After all, this is a fundraiser for the President. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Or .... Applying Occam's razor:  Both Cheney's want to see President Trump reelected.  After all, this is a fundraiser for the President.

I'd go with Occam on this one....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This goes well as an endorsement.  A lot of people like Cheney.

Offline jpsb

This goes well as an endorsement.  A lot of people like Cheney.

Not me, but I do like Liz Cheney, she is a fighter.  I don't like anyone that had anything to do with getting us into
that disaster of a war in Iraq.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 04:55:12 pm by jpsb »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Not me, but I do like Liz Cheney, she is a fighter.  I don't like anyone that had anything to do with getting us into

Cheney gave Obama that look. Well, Iraq might have some disasters to it but the biggest disaster was pulling our troops out in 2011. I think Cheney knows that at least, Iraq has gotten a lot better in the preceding 2-3 years.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Former Vice President Dick Cheney to make appearance at Trump fundraiser
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2019, 05:09:01 pm »
Why do I hear echoes of "Halliburton" in my ears? :shrug:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2019, 05:31:27 pm »

Those echoes can be traced back to the removal of Jay Garner as Director of the Office for Reconstruction and Humanitarian Assistance for Iraq, a mere month after being named to the position. Bush and Cheney didn't like it when LTG (retired) Garner announced his preference to return Iraq to the Iraqi people as soon as possible: "it's their country."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 05:55:13 pm »
   Apparently, Dick has left us #Nevers.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2019, 05:57:12 pm »
   Apparently, Dick has left us #Nevers.

Was he ever a "never"?

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 07:46:08 pm »
   Probably not @Sanguine He's been pretty quite in this Age of Trump and I'm OK with that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 07:49:49 pm »
   Probably not @Sanguine He's been pretty quite in this Age of Trump and I'm OK with that.

Yeah, I couldn't remember him saying anything about Trump. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 07:53:16 pm »
I'm hoping that Dick will pull Donny aside and have a talking to him about the 2A!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 08:14:45 pm »

Again with the heads exploding.  I don't know about other people but Cheney isn't on my mind as someone to get excited about.  And it doesn't fit with Trumps previous comments about the war.

Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R7xN5kigqI

Cheney:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dick+cheney+interview+on+iraq+war&view=detail&mid=CA915EAA6B9B3F95E204CA915EAA6B9B3F95E204&FORM=VIRE
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:28:25 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 08:26:56 pm »

Again with the heads exploding.  I don't know about other people but Cheney isn't on my mind as someone to get excited about.  And it doesn't fit with Trumps previous comments about the war.

Yeah, having Cheney appear anywhere certainly isn't anything to get excited about....

:shrug:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 08:29:09 pm »
Yeah, having Cheney appear anywhere certainly isn't anything to get excited about....

:shrug:

Right.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2019, 08:31:05 pm »

Seems many NeverTrumpers are reevaluating their opposition to Trump and coming aboard his re-election effort.

A mixed blessing, fer sure.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2019, 08:35:08 pm »

The only connection I could make from Trump to Liz Cheney is gay rights.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2019, 08:36:05 pm »

I am hearing that too. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2019, 08:37:16 pm »
The only connection I could make from Trump to Liz Cheney is gay rights.

What connection would that be?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2019, 08:38:56 pm »
What connection would that be?

Liz' sister is gay?