Poll

If Trump called you right now, What would you say?

Great job, Mr. President, MAGA ON!
6 (14.3%)
He'd get an earful of my dissapointment
7 (16.7%)
I'd be fair, Praise where warranted
16 (38.1%)
I wouldn't take the call
6 (14.3%)
None of the Above (Bigun option)
7 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: September 06, 2019, 09:10:45 pm

Author Topic: If Trump called you right now, What would you say?  (Read 8157 times)

Offline corbe

Re: If Trump called you right now, What would you say?
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2019, 11:26:42 pm »
It's important that those of us who have elderly loved ones warn them about these scams.  I have an elderly aunt who used to be rather sharp about these things, but I think her mental faculties are declining.  Since her husband passed away and she has no children, I've taken it upon myself to warn her  about every scam I hear about. 

I did that too @Applewood, for the last couple of years of my company (retired 10/16) I came to the conclusion that are some people, no matter how well off or intelligent, think the 'Circus is in town' all the time.   How they got this far in life with that amount of naiveté is beyond my comprehension.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2019, 11:28:13 pm »
They are thieves. It's about the only thing I think the Muslims have right, their treatment of a thief. 'nuff said.

Run them for Congress?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2019, 11:29:41 pm »
Run them for Congress?
Nah, call 'em Lefty after the first time, 'Stumpy' for second offenders....Three strikes, you're out!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2019, 11:30:35 pm »
Of course they're cruel and evil.  They're criminals, bunko artists.  It's what they do.

Somehow that sort of activity is on the wane WRT my phones. It seems they don't much care for my practice of just laying the phone down and seeing how long it takes for the other end to realize there is nobody listening.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2019, 02:45:01 pm »
"Look. We all know you've run out of people to nominate with everyone leaving. But do you really need the position badly enough to call ME?!

But yes, I'll take it. And if the haters hate it, well, screw'em."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline thackney

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2019, 03:47:12 pm »
Somehow that sort of activity is on the wane WRT my phones. It seems they don't much care for my practice of just laying the phone down and seeing how long it takes for the other end to realize there is nobody listening.

If you will pick it back up every few minutes, and say:  "hold on, I'm almost done", you can stretch that out for a while.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2019, 03:51:31 pm »
If you will pick it back up every few minutes, and say:  "hold on, I'm almost done", you can stretch that out for a while.

888high58888  I like it and will likely use it @thackney!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2019, 03:53:55 pm »
888high58888  I like it and will likely use it @thackney!

Also start with "just a minute...".
Life is fragile, handle with prayer