Poll

If Trump called you right now, What would you say?

Great job, Mr. President, MAGA ON!
6 (14.3%)
He'd get an earful of my dissapointment
7 (16.7%)
I'd be fair, Praise where warranted
16 (38.1%)
I wouldn't take the call
6 (14.3%)
None of the Above (Bigun option)
7 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: September 06, 2019, 09:10:45 pm

Author Topic: If Trump called you right now, What would you say?  (Read 8191 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: If Trump called you right now, What would you say?
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2019, 04:26:49 pm »
What I am looking at is the percentage in that...
I can't believe they are making any sales to speak of, using deceptive practices and pissing people off... It's no more valid a marketing platform than blowing a thousand popups onto your computer desktop - I can guarantee that I am not much different than anyone else in that respect - I will not give them any satisfaction, for the intrusion alone... Not to mention calling at dinner time, or before 9am, or on the Sabbath...

So I doubt very much there are enough sales in it to matter. Something else is going on.

I don't get it either, @roamer_1.  Seems to me the last thing a salesman would want to do is enrage the prospect.  But what else could it be?  Establishing a list of "known" phone numbers?  Hacking you if you answer?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2019, 04:34:56 pm »
I don't get it either, @roamer_1.  Seems to me the last thing a salesman would want to do is enrage the prospect.  But what else could it be?  Establishing a list of "known" phone numbers?  Hacking you if you answer?

@Cyber Liberty
I don't know the purpose. But it can't be what it seems IMHO... Look back at the advertising through invasive trojans as an instance... Nobody was buying that crap, and the owner/prospect got the benefit of paying someone like me a hundred or two to clean their system up too... It was never about sales.

But it did expose flaws in a nationwide system... and caused people to scream for a more locked down system... To the point now, nearing completion, where everyone will be ID'd before being granted access. It FEELS more free, but as an instance, anything you do from your phone, 'they' know exactly who you are, and where you are...

I don't know, like I said. Just thinking out loud.  :shrug:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2019, 04:36:33 pm »

Most of them are automated, with a "press 2 to speak to an a-hole in India".  Virtually no cost to them to make millions of calls.  Only need the tiniest percentage to bite.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2019, 04:46:08 pm »
Most of them are automated, with a "press 2 to speak to an a-hole in India".  Virtually no cost to them to make millions of calls.  Only need the tiniest percentage to bite.

There's that.  There will always be people who bite the hook when they get a call about a family member in jail needing Bond, or the cops are on the way to your house within the hour because of an IRS bill.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2019, 05:16:15 pm »
LOL! I stopped contributing to them after a 'disaster relief' van of theirs failed to yield, speeding, T-boned my vehicle, and they didn't even want to pay for may car. The ensuing concussion would have ended my grad school stint if I hadn't decided to drop out and go to work already. Later I found out from vets, from WWII, Korea, and Nam, that the contents of their Red Cross packages were (more often than not) 'available for purchase'...and these guys were in combat.

My late father, a WWII vet, would corroborate your statement.  He said the Salvation Army handed out supplies, cigarettes and such for free, while the Red Cross charged for these things.  Dad didn't trust most charities; always said they were crooks.  But he had high praise for the Salvation Army and even donated to them.  After he passed on, I started donating in his memory and still do. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2019, 05:26:08 pm »
My late father, a WWII vet, would corroborate your statement.  He said the Salvation Army handed out supplies, cigarettes and such for free, while the Red Cross charged for these things.  Dad didn't trust most charities; always said they were crooks.  But he had high praise for the Salvation Army and even donated to them.  After he passed on, I started donating in his memory and still do.

Red Cross is notorious for that.  Mrs. Liberty's ex was a cop, and they would charge them for the coffee and donuts served to the line officers during riots and other civil disturbances like natural disasters.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2019, 05:30:21 pm »

Same here.  The Salvation Army is my go-to whenever I want to contribute to a specific event or cause.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2019, 05:33:54 pm »
Red Cross is notorious for that.  Mrs. Liberty's ex was a cop, and they would charge them for the coffee and donuts served to the line officers during riots and other civil disturbances like natural disasters.

ARC is a labor intensive organization with $1.414 billion (or 54% of revenue) spent on salaries, pensions, benefits, and payroll taxes for the 21,435 employees (which equates to about $70,000 per employee). Most revenue is going to support the staff and office costs associated with collecting, testing, and distributing biomedical supplies so high staff expenses are to be expected.

1,248 employees received more than $100,000 in total compensation.

Source: https://paddockpost.com/2018/01/26/executive-compensation-at-the-american-red-cross/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2019, 05:36:42 pm »
Build the darn wall already, no red flag laws, and no infringement on the 2A, and for heaven's sake Mr. President, do yourself a huge favor and get Jared and the Princess out of the White House!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2019, 05:38:39 pm »
Source: https://paddockpost.com/2018/01/26/executive-compensation-at-the-american-red-cross/

So the fee for coffee and donuts is to subsidize the blood operation (which I'd be fine with) and over half is for salaries that are higher than the average for regular, private-sector workers (which I am not)?
I will NOT comply.

Online berdie

« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2019, 08:09:59 pm »

I volunteered for the RC for a couple of years. Our chapter didn't charge anybody anything. But the disorganization made me crazy. I'm sure that is true with any large organization composed of volunteers. I only lasted a couple of years. I took the whole thing seriously...many didn't.

Online berdie

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2019, 08:12:32 pm »

My Dad, also a WWII vet, said the same thing. He was appalled when he found out that I was volunteering. I also donate to the SA.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2019, 08:17:13 pm »

My Dad, also a WWII vet, said the same thing. He was appalled when he found out that I was volunteering. I also donate to the SA.

You are a wise one @berdie!  The Salvation Army's administrative overhead is minuscule compared to that of the AMC.

http://www.give.org/charity-reviews/national/religious/salvation-army-national-corporation-in-alexandria-va-1221
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2019, 10:09:27 pm »
What I am looking at is the percentage in that...
I can't believe they are making any sales to speak of, using deceptive practices and pissing people off... It's no more valid a marketing platform than blowing a thousand popups onto your computer desktop - I can guarantee that I am not much different than anyone else in that respect - I will not give them any satisfaction, for the intrusion alone... Not to mention calling at dinner time, or before 9am, or on the Sabbath...

So I doubt very much there are enough sales in it to matter. Something else is going on.
I have wondered if this is one of those "Make a gozillion dollars in a month in your spare time from home scams. Some sucker would be provided (for a fee) with the software to spoof, the voice track, etc.

But who in their right mind would deal with someone who cold calls from a spoofed number, anyway?

Besides, if they can't given me an extended warranty on my '41, they are of no use to me. All my vehicles are old enough to vote, and about half could go in the bars....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2019, 10:18:43 pm »
There's that.  There will always be people who bite the hook when they get a call about a family member in jail needing Bond, or the cops are on the way to your house within the hour because of an IRS bill.
The IRS sends letters. They don't start anything with a phone call.
You can't legally participate in and win a foreign lottery, especially one you didn't enter.
There are more Nigerian Princes than Cherokee Princesses....but don't expect them to be real.
If they want you to pony up money, deposit a check and send them some cash, or are offering something for free, don't, don't, and they won't, as a rule.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2019, 10:24:18 pm »
I have wondered if this is one of those "Make a gozillion dollars in a month in your spare time from home scams. Some sucker would be provided (for a fee) with the software to spoof, the voice track, etc.

But who in their right mind would deal with someone who cold calls from a spoofed number, anyway?

Besides, if they can't given me an extended warranty on my '41, they are of no use to me. All my vehicles are old enough to vote, and about half could go in the bars....

I dunno what it is... I just know what it ain't. Nobody is buying anything from someone spoofing the ID and cold calling with such rude insistence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2019, 10:26:24 pm »
I dunno what it is... I just know what it ain't. Nobody is buying anything from someone spoofing the ID and cold calling with such rude insistence.

I'm sure as shit not gonna.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2019, 10:29:00 pm »
I'm sure as shit not gonna.

Old people with extended family. It's very cruel.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2019, 10:55:59 pm »
During the flood, (Grand Forks, ND, 1979) we were out on a dike in East Grand Forks. Seven of us unloaded and set seven semi loads of sandbags in the rain, pushing a bulge out of the polyethylene liner in the dike.

The only other people we saw before daylight were in a Salvation Army mobile canteen food truck, who stopped, fed us a hot meal and gave us coffee.
They have received donations from us whenever we were able to give, and for years we were involved in setting up toy runs for kids through them as well. 

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2019, 10:58:52 pm »
Exactly. They couldn't pick a worse business model.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2019, 11:00:13 pm »
They are thieves. It's about the only thing I think the Muslims have right, their treatment of a thief. 'nuff said.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2019, 11:00:58 pm »

My mother, in her 90's got hit with both the "Your Grandson is in jail" and "The IRS agents are on the way to arrest you" scams.  Also a pigeon drop, where she was told she won a bunch of money, but she had to send them the tax on it before she could claim it.  I told her, "No way, Jose!" so she told them they have permission to deduct the tax and send her the balance.  LOL.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2019, 11:07:11 pm »
It's important that those of us who have elderly loved ones warn them about these scams.  I have an elderly aunt who used to be rather sharp about these things, but I think her mental faculties are declining.  Since her husband passed away and she has no children, I've taken it upon myself to warn her  about every scam I hear about. 

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2019, 11:23:19 pm »
Yes, the spoofing of a local number is really insidious for older people....  they certainly want to answer the phone thinking that it is a call from a neighbor, or maybe a local business that they deal with.....  adding that to the fact that a lot of older folks that are a bit lonely, are actually eager to answer the phone.....  just to talk to someone....

Very cruel and evil.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2019, 11:26:34 pm »
Yes, the spoofing of a local number is really insidious for older people....  they certainly want to answer the phone thinking that it is a call from a neighbor, or maybe a local business that they deal with.....  adding that to the fact that a lot of older folks that are a bit lonely, are actually eager to answer the phone.....  just to talk to someone....

Very cruel and evil.

Of course they're cruel and evil.  They're criminals, bunko artists.  It's what they do.
I will NOT comply.