Poll

If Trump called you right now, What would you say?

Great job, Mr. President, MAGA ON!
6 (14.3%)
He'd get an earful of my dissapointment
7 (16.7%)
I'd be fair, Praise where warranted
16 (38.1%)
I wouldn't take the call
6 (14.3%)
None of the Above (Bigun option)
7 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: September 06, 2019, 09:10:45 pm

Author Topic: If Trump called you right now, What would you say?  (Read 8156 times)

Offline corbe

If Trump called you right now, What would you say?
« on: August 17, 2019, 09:10:45 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: If Trump called you right now, What would you say?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 09:17:33 pm »
I voted for none of the above.

If I got the opportunity to speak directly with the president I would ask him if he knew there is a single bill (HR25) currently languishing in the W&M Committee  that would accomplish his entire economic agenda if passed into law.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 09:22:29 pm »
   So what you're saying @Bigun is my choices suc, again.  Tough crowd   333cleo (always wanted to use that Indian emoticon).
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 09:25:00 pm »
   Fixed it for Ya @Bigun  :beer:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 09:27:43 pm »
   So what you're saying @Bigun is my choices suc, again.  Tough crowd   333cleo (always wanted to use that Indian emoticon).

That's Cleopatra.   :laugh:

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 09:32:01 pm »
   Is she looking for Marc Anthony?

Online rustynail

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 09:39:20 pm »
What's Up?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 09:45:59 pm »

Please stop spending money we don't have.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 09:47:14 pm »
   I see the Trumpers aren't here yet or maybe they're boycotting my Polls?  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 09:47:37 pm »
Wouldn't even know. A caller ID that says 'US Government' or 'President of the United States' goes right to the ether. Unrecognized, or not-in-my-contacts goes to voice mail.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2019, 09:51:50 pm »
   That will be a Misdemeanor (not answering his calls) in his second Administration.... @roamer_1 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2019, 09:54:37 pm »
   That will be a Misdemeanor (not answering his calls) in his second Administration.... @roamer_1

Which will no doubt be elevated to a felony when I offer up the finger of eternal disagreement, @corbe

That's how it works for me.  :whistle:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 12:01:48 am »
I'd tell him to not sign any red flag laws, cut out all unconstitutional programs and government departments and to build the wall.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2019, 12:10:04 am »
I'd ask him if Stone Cold Steve Austin ever opened up that can of whoopass on him and was there really 8 million inside?

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 12:12:51 am »
    If this girl called I'd definitely recommend she take the Ambassadorship that Chairman Romney is suggesting, somewhere far away that don't matter, perhaps she can Capitalize China.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 12:21:55 am »
We've had so many spoofed calls, my first reaction would be "Yeah, Right, talk to the beep!"

But let's say I did answer.... Veto any further infringement of the RKBA, no matter how it is presented. You're already on double secret probation over bump stocks. Get turtle and the rest to start pushing for the wall and serious border control, ditch the ACA, fire all the pukes in the FBI and DOJ who have been covering for Hillary and investigate the lot of them, including her. One more thing. Have the IRS restore the Form 2106 employee business expense deductions. There's a pile of folks out here who have to drive their vehicles in the conduct of their non-government jobs, and you're taxing the money they have to spend to keep those vehicles running, from gas to repairs. They also are required by their jobs to spend the night elsewhere than home on occasion, and they can't take any deductions for that, either. I still keep those records, for my own purposes, so I'm ready when you do. Thanks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 12:25:43 am »
I'd tell him to have the FCC get cracking on enforcing the do-not-call list.

And don't call me, "Right Now".  My name is Surely.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 01:16:50 am »
Wouldn't even know. A caller ID that says 'US Government' or 'President of the United States' goes right to the ether. Unrecognized, or not-in-my-contacts goes to voice mail.
Same here.  If I answered,  I probably would say, "Oh, hi, how ya doin'?"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 01:33:58 am »
I'd tell him to not sign any red flag laws, cut out all unconstitutional programs and government departments and to build the wall.

888high58888

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 01:34:41 am »
    If this girl called I'd definitely recommend she take the Ambassadorship that Chairman Romney is suggesting, somewhere far away that don't matter, perhaps she can Capitalize China.

Send her to Uzbekistan.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2019, 03:40:37 am »

It's not helpful I get junk phone calls with area code 202.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2019, 09:43:02 am »
It's not helpful I get junk phone calls with area code 202.

My business line is more junk calls than business. It is entirely out of hand. Thankfully, I handle more through skype and email than I do phone anymore.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2019, 11:55:16 am »
I only have a smartphone, no landline.  Any numbers I don't recognize, I don't answer.  If the call is legit, the party can leave a voice mail.  If the same number calls multiple times and doesn't leave a message, I block it.  Much of the time the blocking doesn't work because scammers spoof their numbers.  What's really curious is that I often get calls that show up on caller id as having my area code and prefix, but the last four digits are different. 

So if Trump ever called me, he would have to leave a message.  And if he kept on calling me without leaving a message, I'd have to block him. 

By the way, Do Not Call is totally useless.  Just wait till we get closer to the primaries and general election next year.  I'll be getting recorded messages from Trump and every other Republican out there.   Already getting their junk mail.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2019, 12:43:29 pm »
"Nat a fan, Mr. President, but I must admit I admire you for your inspired political gamesmanship.  I will likely vote for you again because you are the only thing standing in the way of this country becoming Greece or Venezuela.  But then again, maybe not, given your addiction to tariffs and government spending."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2019, 01:02:01 pm »
I only have a smartphone, no landline.  Any numbers I don't recognize, I don't answer.  If the call is legit, the party can leave a voice mail.  If the same number calls multiple times and doesn't leave a message, I block it.  Much of the time the blocking doesn't work because scammers spoof their numbers.  What's really curious is that I often get calls that show up on caller id as having my area code and prefix, but the last four digits are different. 

So if Trump ever called me, he would have to leave a message.  And if he kept on calling me without leaving a message, I'd have to block him. 

By the way, Do Not Call is totally useless.  Just wait till we get closer to the primaries and general election next year.  I'll be getting recorded messages from Trump and every other Republican out there.   Already getting their junk mail.

I use MrNumber on my cell.  Catches a lot of the Spam and Scams.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: