Author Topic: Democrats still trying to undo the damage Obama’s presidency inflicted on the party  (Read 310 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
By Andrew Malcolm Special to McClatchy
August 13, 2019 06:00 AM

Obama’s farewell: laws won’t be enough. Hearts must change.
President Barack Obama made his parting remarks from his hometown of Chicago, Ill. on Tuesday evening to a crowd that chanted "4 more years!" He highlighted his administration's achievements and challenged the "increasingly diverse" nation. By

Almost a decade later, Democrats are still struggling at the state level with the nationwide political devastation of Barack Obama’s presidency, notably his first midterm elections in 2010.

Obama is still popular among Democrats, although some of the 2020 candidates are taking shots at his insufficiently progressive record as a way to damage former Vice President Joe Biden. If they dared look honestly at Obama’s political legacy outside Washington, D.C., however, there would be a whole lot more criticism.

It looks likely to be a few more cycles, if then, before Democrats, the world’s second-oldest political party, fully recover from those immense losses under Obama’s party leadership....

Read more here: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/opinion/article233794327.html#storylink=cpy

An interesting post-post-mortem.

Offline libertybele

An interesting post-post-mortem.

Yes, it is interesting. Democrats taking shots at his insufficient progressive record?  That is troubling as I thought he did a pretty good job at taking this country far to the left.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yes, it is interesting. Democrats taking shots at his insufficient progressive record?  That is troubling as I thought he did a pretty good job at taking this country far to the left.
Not to mention setting race relations back 50 years.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Obama accomplished a lot.  Let's see, that includes:

- being the first black POTUS
- as SmokinJoe indicated, set race relations back at least 50 years, more perhaps
- record welfare levels
- 1977 workforce participation...yahoo
- more national debt than all 43 presidents combined before him
- established red lines that meant something ha!
- allowed Russia to march in eastern Ukraine, seize Crimea, and did nothing of consequence
- bowed before mussie leaders in foreign countries
- apologized to the world for how bad a nation the USA has been
- declared we are no longer a Christian nation
- created a healthcare program that harmed 9 out of 10 Americans, beginning in 2019(he stalled full
  implementation as long as possible once he realized how much a POS his Obamacare exactly was)
- left 4 Americans to die brutally in Benghazi.  Could have been 50 Americans dead.  US Navy cruiser
  off the coast of Libya with a SEALS contingent, told to stand down.  Uggh!

Bottomline, I hope the first item is the only thing remaining from Obama, other than streets named after
the fool, as well as bridges and schools.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Not to mention setting race relations back 50 years.
That by far is his biggest legacy.

Instead of bringing us together, he fractured us, far more effectively than DT could ever do.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington