Author Topic: Permit denied for 'Straight Pride Parade' in California city  (Read 439 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Permit denied for 'Straight Pride Parade' in California city
« on: August 17, 2019, 07:25:21 pm »

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:38AM
MODESTO, Calif. -- City officials in Modesto, California denied a permit for a proposed "Straight Pride Event" on Friday.

After weeks of debate, the City Council says organizers did not get the event insured and also cited safety concerns.

The parade was advertised on social media as "celebrating heterosexuality, masculinity, and more."

Organizers can re-apply for a permit in a non-residential area. But it's unlikely they will be able to find a carrier to provide insurance.

https://abc7chicago.com/society/permit-denied-for-california-straight-pride-parade-/5467383/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Permit denied for 'Straight Pride Parade' in California city
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 08:11:28 pm »

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:38AM
MODESTO, Calif. -- City officials in Modesto, California denied a permit for a proposed "Straight Pride Event" on Friday.

After weeks of debate, the City Council says organizers did not get the event insured and also cited safety concerns.

The parade was advertised on social media as "celebrating heterosexuality, masculinity, and more."

Organizers can re-apply for a permit in a non-residential area. But it's unlikely they will be able to find a carrier to provide insurance.

https://abc7chicago.com/society/permit-denied-for-california-straight-pride-parade-/5467383/

So....insurance companies get a veto?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 08:13:46 pm »

And only Conservative groups are required to have insurance to exercise their right to assemble.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 08:36:02 pm »

The article does not explain the details, leaving it open for speculation, by people desiring to play political phorum ing-pong.

A mortgage lender, an auto lender, a landlord, and  employer of independent contractors, a city usually/always call for insurance (or a posted bond).

This requirement should not surprise anybody with serious intentions.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 10:47:04 pm »
The article does not explain the details, leaving it open for speculation, by people desiring to play political phorum ing-pong.

A mortgage lender, an auto lender, a landlord, and  employer of independent contractors, a city usually/always call for insurance (or a posted bond).

This requirement should not surprise anybody with serious intentions.

I just tried to look into whether gay pride parades need to obtain insurance.  Couldn't find anything.  Rather it is more likely the City itself carries insurance for all events.  This is garbage.  It just doesn't fit the gay agenda.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 12:12:50 am »
I am having a very difficult time believing Antifa ever had an insurance policy written for their riots.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 12:14:48 am »
I am having a very difficult time believing Antifa ever had an insurance policy written for their riots.

Exactly.  It is not politically correct to be a group of straight, white, conservative Christians.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.