Author Topic: Google employees call for pledge not to work with ICE  (Read 523 times)

Offline riverdale-74

Google employees call for pledge not to work with ICE
« on: August 17, 2019, 03:27:13 pm »
A group of employees called Googlers for Human Rights posted a public petition urging the company not to bid on a cloud computing contract for CBP, the federal agency that oversees law enforcement for the country’s borders. Bids for the contract were due Aug. 1. It is not clear if Google expressed interest. The company did not return a request for comment.

Source: https://www.apnews.com/3638e75195b043d8b3bcdd1b521b4ac0

Whoever authored the original document [https://medium.com/@no.gcp.for.cbp/google-must-stand-against-human-rights-abuses-nogcpforcbp-88c60e1fc35e] referred to in the AP article seems to live in a universe where Nazi Gestapo agents are cruelly tracking down innocent migrants in order to toss them into concentration camps.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Google employees call for pledge not to work with ICE
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 03:50:12 pm »
Source: https://www.apnews.com/3638e75195b043d8b3bcdd1b521b4ac0

Whoever authored the original document [https://medium.com/@no.gcp.for.cbp/google-must-stand-against-human-rights-abuses-nogcpforcbp-88c60e1fc35e] referred to in the AP article seems to live in a universe where Nazi Gestapo agents are cruelly tracking down innocent migrants in order to toss them into concentration camps.

Looks like we need to build bigger prisons to house the Google lawbreakers.

I have subsituted Duck Duck for Google for years now.  I hope all good conservatives are doing the same.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 05:27:57 pm »
Looks like we need to build bigger prisons to house the Google lawbreakers.

I have subsituted Duck Duck for Google for years now.  I hope all good conservatives are doing the same.

I don't use Google either, but since most traffic goes through Google anyway it's somewhat of a useless gesture.

Why is the US government using Google anyway?  Are they the only company that we can hire to do this work?  And, Google is NOT an American company, it's a global company.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 05:55:18 pm »
I don't use Google either, but since most traffic goes through Google anyway it's somewhat of a useless gesture.

Why is the US government using Google anyway?  Are they the only company that we can hire to do this work?  And, Google is NOT an American company, it's a global company.

Not sure what you mean by: "...most traffic goes through Google anyway..."  Are you talking about people searching?  Usually when I read about "traffic" I think the flow of packets, and backbone or edge providers (which Google isn't, to the best of my current recollection).

I will use Google to search when it meets my needs....  I pretty much have all tracking (and ads) blocked off on all of my devices, so I am not pestered with that kind of thing.  And as far as data collection, it seems that every character that we type, and every syllable that we utter is being collected anyway, for quite some time.  I sort of  :shrug: and accept it as life in 2019....

"Why is the US government using Google anyway?"

The government is infested with people that wish to enable the harm that Google perpetrates....  they are willing to give them billions to do so, and access to anything that Google wants.

"Are they the only company that we can hire to do this work?"

No, they are not.  But they are the company that can be used to destroy the sovereignty, security, and well being of this nation (and others).

"And, Google is NOT an American company, it's a global company."

For all intents and purposes, they are like the majority of multinationals, "global corporations."  But technically they are an American corporation.  There isn't much that we can do about that aspect, but hopefully more and more people will wake up to the nature of these companies...

@Sanguine

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 06:00:51 pm »
Not sure what you mean by: "...most traffic goes through Google anyway..."  Are you talking about people searching?  Usually when I read about "traffic" I think the flow of packets, and backbone or edge providers (which Google isn't, to the best of my current recollection).

I will use Google to search when it meets my needs....  I pretty much have all tracking (and ads) blocked off on all of my devices, so I am not pestered with that kind of thing.  And as far as data collection, it seems that every character that we type, and every syllable that we utter is being collected anyway, for quite some time.  I sort of  :shrug: and accept it as life in 2019....

Yes, I wasn't very clear.  Almost all searches go through Google, even when using search engines other than Google. 

I use Startpage/Ixquick.  Sometimes DuckDuckGo, but admit it's a losing battle.

I fully agree with your other responses.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 06:22:27 pm »
Yes, I wasn't very clear.  Almost all searches go through Google, even when using search engines other than Google. 

I use Startpage/Ixquick.  Sometimes DuckDuckGo, but admit it's a losing battle.

I fully agree with your other responses.

Yeah, I've had Startpage/Ixquick as my home page on every browser since they came out....  but I can't get the latest, most current and relevant results through them.

I look at it like this now: using Google to search at this point in my life, builds a collection of data that makes me look like an average American schlub.....  this dolt searches for music, food, fishing, and sailing supplies, destinations, and gadgets....  I often search for articles on politicos from every end of the spectrum....  and occasionally this dolt searches for historical documents about the Founding....

Ain't nothing there that they could prosecute me on.....  and plus, there is something to the whole anonymity by obscurity maxim.....  I just ain't important enough for anyone to take an interest in....  my data is buried in the yottabytes out in the UDC.....  I just don't do or say anything that will ever cause anyone to dig them out....

888mouth

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 06:35:47 pm »

There must be some way to thrust the sword  into the gut of this beast.  Google seems to be facilating a 1984 style takeover of society as we know it.  They basically are controlling information as we know it
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 06:39:06 pm »
There must be some way to thrust the sword  into the gut of this beast.  Google seems to be facilating a 1984 style takeover of society as we know it.  They basically are controlling information as we know it

To be honest, Cat, the only thing that I see available under our current laws is antitrust...  mentioned that over here in the other thread:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,372419.msg2035956.html#msg2035956

Bill Cipher

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 07:47:44 pm »

Hack them and tear them up from the inside out.  Just be prepared for a voracious battle. This isn’t a job for script-kiddies.