Author Topic: The first enlisted woman to attempt Air Force special reconnaissance training has been dropped from  (Read 333 times)

rangerrebew

The first enlisted woman to attempt Air Force special reconnaissance training has been dropped from the program
Oriana Pawlyk, Military.com
August 16, 2019 at 04:00 AM

The first enlisted woman to attempt the Air Force's special operations weather career field — now known as special reconnaissance (SR) — has not been selected to proceed further in her training, according to Air Education and Training Command.

The trainee, unidentified for privacy reasons, was the eighth woman to try any kind of battlefield training in the Air Force since the Defense Department opened combat career fields to all in December 2015.

But the SR candidate "was not selected to proceed further in training during assessment and selection," according to AETC spokeswoman Marilyn Holliday.

https://taskandpurpose.com/air-force-special-reconnaissance-training-female-candidate

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The first enlisted woman to attempt Air Force special reconnaissance training has been dropped from the program
Oriana Pawlyk, Military.com
August 16, 2019 at 04:00 AM

The first enlisted woman to attempt the Air Force's special operations weather career field — now known as special reconnaissance (SR) — has not been selected to proceed further in her training, according to Air Education and Training Command.

The trainee, unidentified for privacy reasons, was the eighth woman to try any kind of battlefield training in the Air Force since the Defense Department opened combat career fields to all in December 2015.

But the SR candidate "was not selected to proceed further in training during assessment and selection," according to AETC spokeswoman Marilyn Holliday.

https://taskandpurpose.com/air-force-special-reconnaissance-training-female-candidate

Which should not come as a surprise to anyone with 2 IQ points to rub together. She just isn't strong enough to carry the gear,and/or maybe carry any wounded teammate to safety.

The typical male with her body weight is MUCH stronger than she is,and there are damn few of them that can meet non-PC requirements.

Sounds like she washed out during "selection",which is good news because it saved everyone,including her,time and money.

BTW,I am a small man,yet I could but 220 lbs over my head in multiple repetitions,and put 100 lbs over my head with either arm. I could deadlift 430 lbs to my waist 3 times before having to give up. Plus I was VERY fast and coordinated.  And this was in a gym,not with the adrenaline you have running through you in combat. 

Know many women who can do that?

Even then I had a few friends that wouldn't accept me on their teams because they were concerned I wasn't strong enough to pick them up and throw them over my shoulder and run with them if they were wounded and couldn't move. I understood,and we were still friends the last time I saw them.

This wasn't unusual,either. You could look at the various teams and the ones with team leaders over 6'2' and 250 lbs were populated only with guys roughly that size,the teams with normal-sized team leaders had only guys of normal size,and the teams with smaller team leaders only had smaller guys. Yeah,there were a few exceptions where the team leader and the others were long-time friends who had served together before,but it was rare.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 02:34:43 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rustynail

The Inside Story Of How The Army Reduced Standards To Get Women Through Ranger Training

https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/28/female-rangers-us-army-ranger-school/