Author Topic: Bannon battles back: Signs emerge the former aide is regaining Trump's favor  (Read 178 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bannon battles back: Signs emerge the former aide is regaining Trump's favor
by Steven Nelson
 | August 16, 2019 01:44 PM

In the four months after he left the White House in August 2017, Steve Bannon would order reporters to the basement of the Capitol Hill townhouse known as the "Breitbart Embassy." Sometimes, the news organization’s then-chairman would hustle to the third floor. President Trump was calling.

As with many Trump aides before him, Bannon was fired but remained in a wide circle of former employees and friends consulted by the president. But unlike many others, the phase didn’t last long, ending in a pitiable downfall.

Bannon’s influence imploded with the January 2018 release of author Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury. The former White House chief strategist had given Wolff broad access and was quoted calling Donald Trump Jr. "treasonous" for meeting a Russian hawking dirt on Hillary Clinton.

But now, coinciding with the two year anniversary of his White House exit, Bannon’s exile from Trump's Washington seems to be ending.

Bannon, the 2016 Trump campaign's executive chairman, has appeared increasingly often on TV, including Fox News, to discuss world events. And on Aug. 2, he impressed Trump, who tweeted: “Nice to see that one of my best pupils is still a giant Trump fan. Steve joined me after I won the primaries, but I loved working with him!”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/bannon-battles-back-signs-emerge-the-former-aide-is-regaining-trumps-favor
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34