Author Topic: Trump phones supporter he mocked for having a 'weight problem'  (Read 653 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump phones supporter he mocked for having a 'weight problem'
By Morgan Chalfant - 08/16/19 11:33 AM EDT

President Trump on Thursday called the man he mocked for having a “weight problem” at a New Hampshire rally earlier that evening after discovering he was a supporter.

A senior administration official said Friday that after campaign staff got the rallygoer's contact information, Trump called him from Air Force One on the way back to Bedminster, N.J. The president left a voicemail message.

The man, Frank Dawson, a law enforcement and Navy veteran, was interviewed by Fox News Thursday night following the rally and revealed he was a Trump supporter, adding that he ripped signs out of the hands of nearby protesters at the rally.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/457705-trump-calls-supporter-he-mocked-for-having-a-weight-problem
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump phones supporter he mocked for having a 'weight problem'
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 04:46:17 pm »
I cringed when he said this...he has a lot of guts calling someone else fat..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 04:55:13 pm »
A former cop who openly admits he's guilty of at least theft and potentially abuse.  Either the guy is an idiot, or the blue line is very strong wherever he lives.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 05:02:18 pm »

That defensive insult reflex is an impulse he definitely needs to better control.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 05:02:33 pm »
And Trump has the nerve to call out Biden for his missteps. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 05:11:21 pm »
@mystery-ak

Yes, thought the same thing.  He called the guy "fat" twice, when he started the rant against the guy.  According to Trump, there is no one on earth perfect except him and he has to demean every person, exalting himself as the one perfect one.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 05:31:26 pm »
Trump's big mouth and asinine tweets are going to be his undoing.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 06:06:08 pm »

His fans love this nonsense.  It keeps them entertained.  I've been told they like him because he "fights."  Fights what?  Fights for whom?  I'd be ok with him defending America, defending the downtrodden, even defending against unwarranted personal attacks upon himself and his family.  But all Trump is doing is bullying, picking on people he doesn't like and always stirring up trouble.  It serves no useful purpose.  It does nothing for accomplishing all those promises he made before his first term.   While he goes around acting like a petulant child, we are being overwhelmed by illegals and so-called refugees, the country is plunging deeper into debt, his supposedly wonderful economy is swirling the bowl, the world is still under threat from North Korea, Russia and assorted terrorists, etc. etc. and he is doing NOTHING!

While Trump's diehard fans continue to adore him, so many other voters are getting tired of his *bleep*.  If he wants to win another term  next year, he is going to need votes from independents, undecideds and then ones who voted for him in 2016, but have become disillusioned with him.  He has to win them over, but nonsense like this is not going to accomplish that.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:12:14 pm by Applewood »

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 08:10:12 pm »

That is the pure unvarnished truth.  Why even mention such a thing?

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 09:53:44 pm »
To Applewood:  You are absolutely correct.  Trump's fans love his antics.  Trump has to keep in mind the following: flag waiving good, gum flapping and dopey tweets bad.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 10:53:14 pm »

It was...cheeky.  LOL!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 11:40:01 pm »
His fans love this nonsense.  It keeps them entertained.  I've been told they like him because he "fights."  Fights what?  Fights for whom?  I'd be ok with him defending America, defending the downtrodden, even defending against unwarranted personal attacks upon himself and his family.  But all Trump is doing is bullying, picking on people he doesn't like and always stirring up trouble. It serves no useful purpose.  It does nothing for accomplishing all those promises he made before his first term.   While he goes around acting like a petulant child, we are being overwhelmed by illegals and so-called refugees, the country is plunging deeper into debt, his supposedly wonderful economy is swirling the bowl, the world is still under threat from North Korea, Russia and assorted terrorists, etc. etc. and he is doing NOTHING!

While Trump's diehard fans continue to adore him, so many other voters are getting tired of his *bleep*.  If he wants to win another term  next year, he is going to need votes from independents, undecideds and then ones who voted for him in 2016, but have become disillusioned with him.  He has to win them over, but nonsense like this is not going to accomplish that.
I agree!!

Those of us who voted for him in 2016 and didn't want to continue to be disillusioned with his juvenile remarks!!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2019, 12:38:06 am »
The Leftist MSM is jumping all over this. Now they are doing speculative analysis (like they always do) on Trump's health and weight. Yet another unforced error. We are going to be hearing how "fat and unhealthy" Trump is, from now until the election.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2019, 01:21:32 am »
I did happen to see something today, Trump, most "obese" president since Taft (or was it Harding) but one of those two.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2019, 01:59:56 am »
I did happen to see something today, Trump, most "obese" president since Taft (or was it Harding) but one of those two.

Taft was the heavier man....

If Donald Trump is heavier, he's also pretty tall.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2019, 02:23:46 am »

I guess you missed the part when the President added "I should talk" @mystery-ak  happy77

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 02:31:43 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 02:27:37 am »

Sure ... soon, really soon.   88devil