Author Topic: Tennessee executes a double murderer by electric chair  (Read 423 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tennessee executes a double murderer by electric chair
« on: August 16, 2019, 03:47:52 am »
Tennessee executes a double murderer by electric chair
By Steve Almasy and Jamiel Lynch, CNN
Updated 0253 GMT (1053 HKT) August 16, 2019

(CNN)A double murderer who chose to die by electrocution was executed Thursday night, the Tennessee Department of Correction said.

Stephen West was convicted in 1986 of fatally stabbing a mother and her 15-year-old daughter, CNN affiliate WKRN reported.

He had several times escaped being put to death, including a scheduled execution in 2001 that was delayed when he began appealing his death sentence, according to several media reports.

Read more at: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/15/us/tennessee-inmate-execution/index.html

I personally was not aware anywhere was using the electric chair. Needless to say, the crimes of the man executed were absolutely monstrous.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Tennessee executes a double murderer by electric chair
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 11:57:45 am »
I personally was not aware anywhere was using the electric chair. Needless to say, the crimes of the man executed were absolutely monstrous.
Tennessee just started using the chair again last year. Not sure why but I've heard there may be a shortage of the lethal injection poison that prompted them to go back to Ol' Sparky.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 12:00:59 pm »
IMO, there is something sick and twisted to take 33 years to execute a prisoner.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 10:22:50 pm »
Electric chair, lethal injection, firing squad...
Who cares?

He's gone (WAY overdue), and that's what counts.

Who's up next?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 10:42:05 pm »
IMO, there is something sick and twisted to take 33 years to execute a prisoner.

Yes, execution should be done within a few months. Think of all the money wasted on criminals, food, housing, medical care.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 12:47:21 pm »
What is sick is the delay in securing justice for the family of the victims.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 02:05:42 pm »
Electric chair, lethal injection, firing squad...
Who cares?

He's gone (WAY overdue), and that's what counts.

Who's up next?

@Fishrrman

I care. I not only want them to do the "Kilowatt Boogie",I want it to be made mandatory viewing by every prisoner and inmate in every jail cell in America,and I want it to include teens being held in juvie. Live as it happens,if possible. If they have to be in court,at the doctors,etc,etc,etc,record it and make it mandatory for them to view it when they return. NO exceptions. Let them see what is in their futures if they don't clean their acts up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!