Author Topic: Biden allies float scaling back events to limit gaffes  (Read 251 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden allies float scaling back events to limit gaffes
« on: August 15, 2019, 01:05:41 pm »
Biden allies float scaling back events to limit gaffes
By Amie Parnes - 08/15/19 06:00 AM EDT

Allies to Joe Biden have been floating the idea of altering the former vice president's schedule in an effort to reduce the gaffes he has made in recent days.

The allies, growing increasingly nervous about Biden's verbal flubs, have said it's an approach that's been suggested to campaign officials on the heels of the former vice president’s stumbles.

Biden has a tendency to make the blunders late in the day, his allies say, particularly after a long swing on the road, like he had last week in Iowa. They say something needs to be done to give the candidate more down time as the campaign intensifies in the fall.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/457486-biden-allies-float-scaling-back-events-to-limit-gaffes
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Biden allies float scaling back events to limit gaffes
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 01:06:47 pm »
Using Hilary's approach on running his campaign...ask her how that worked out for her!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 01:49:52 pm »
Dear God in heaven, please keep Biden and AOC talking, I ask this in the name of Jesus your Son.
Yeah I should probably put that in the prayer thread.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 02:06:46 pm »
"Late in the day"? So, like after 8AM? Maybe they should work on scheduling the remaining debates for 6AM?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 02:36:02 pm »
Using Hilary's approach on running his campaign...ask her how that worked out for her!

Exactly what I was thinking.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 07:40:15 am »
Yes, indeed, limiting him to speaking prior to 8AM would not solve the problem.  He is clearly showing signs of senility, with slow brain function.  What we are witnessing is truly sad.  Those around him should guide him to retire versus encouraging him to continue to run.

My fear is that he is so low functioning, in a debate, I could see him literally grabbing Trump and attempting to get him to engage in physical combat.  He is that bat shit crazy.

No matter.  When HRC announces she is running in Sept/Oct, he slides back to where he should be with the rest of the clown car, 2%.

Each day he continues to draw air, he is going to say stupid sh*t.  It is not gaffs so much as limited brain function.  My recent favorite is that 'he believes in the truth versus facts'.  I fell on the floor with that one.  Gave me my laugh of the day!

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 11:49:30 am »
Unfortunately for Biden, one poll has Warren leading him in Iowa. If that holds up, scaling back appearances won't be an option. He's in for a tough fight and he's already pretty much used up his allotment of mistakes.

The dynamics are bad for him - Warren is garnering new supporters while Biden is struggling to hold on to the ones he started with. As long as he continues to slide she can just ignore him. He doesn't have that luxury - if he doesn't do something soon to slow her momentum it will be too late.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 01:26:45 pm »
Personally I think that Biden didn't want to run. Something tells me the powers in the Dem party wanted him to run.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/