Author Topic: Autopsy finds broken bones in Jeffrey Epstein’s neck, deepening questions around his death  (Read 4756 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
By Carol D. Leonnig and Aaron C. Davis

August 14 at 11:20 PM

An autopsy found that financier Jeffrey Epstein sustained multiple breaks in his neck bones, according to two people familiar with the findings, deepening the mystery about the circumstances around his death.

Among the bones broken in Epstein’s neck was the hyoid bone, which in men is near the Adam’s apple. Such breaks can occur in those who hang themselves, particularly if they are older, according to forensics experts and studies on the subject. But they are more common in victims of homicide by strangulation, the experts said.

The details are the first findings to emerge from the autopsy of Epstein, a convicted sex offender and multimillionaire in federal custody on charges of sex trafficking. He died early Saturday morning after guards found him hanging in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan and he could not be revived....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/autopsy-finds-broken-bones-in-jeffrey-epsteins-neck-deepening-questions-around-his-death/2019/08/14/d09ac934-bdd9-11e9-b873-63ace636af08_story.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have little doubt, really, that his demise was too convenient to be self imposed.

The question is one of who greased what palms in order to have people who should have been watching absent or looking elsewhere long enough to accomplish his suicide for him?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Bill Cipher

Uh, yeah.  He was (a) older, and (b) hung himself, conditions under which these bones get broken.  Only curious to those with a desperate deep-seated psychological need to “get” the Clintons, or whatever other political enemy they wish to blame for Epstein’s suicide.

Pathetic, really. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
They need forensics on this, I read in one source that these bones can be broken in hanging oneself but it's more common in strangulation. A need for expertise.

Besides Law and Order SVU, there was/is some sort of other forensic show on CBS. I can't remember the name but they might be able to follow and track down something....somewhere, there could exist some other clue too.

Hey! Don't accuse folks of going down rabbit holes on this, there really are forensics out there that do find things out, unless you are in that group, I wouldn't knock others.

Suspicious as hell and not only that, it's like Rush said the other day, in prison, if you are a pedophile, you are dirt, people want to knock you off. This is suspicious too. I know some cameras are not helpful but there was suppose to be one just in the corridor.

They are not making people take leave of their jobs, Warden trmporarily reassigned because nothing here needs to be investigated.

Yes, some of this could be normal protocol, that's so. They are investigating a high profile death.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 11:00:38 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
We just investigated a Russian collusion election conspiracy at the cost of $35 million, 2 years.... so, you know, look in the mirror if one thinks others are getting carried away with conspiracy-talk.

Offline Applewood

Uh, yeah.  He was (a) older, and (b) hung himself, conditions under which these bones get broken.  Only curious to those with a desperate deep-seated psychological need to “get” the Clintons, or whatever other political enemy they wish to blame for Epstein’s suicide.

Pathetic, really.

Personally, I think WaPo and  other media outlets are irresponsible for reporting little tidbits of information like this until the numerous investigations are completed.  You know, many people will just read the headline and say, "see,  I told ya he was murdered."  They won't read or even consider that these broken bones could be consistent with hanging as well as strangulation.  How about we just wait till investigations are completed to find out what really happened?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I’m going to agree with @TomSea

We need forensics on this. Or an expert. Or Quincy.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Victoria33

News I got yesterday:
The one regular guard is on leave and has a lawyer.
The temporary one, of course, is not there and he has a lawyer.
Neither are talking since each has a lawyer.

Offline verga

Has any one seen a reliable source that tells what caused the asphyxiation? What was around his neck, socks, bed sheet, what exactly was used? Does the size of the ligature marks match up with whatever was used?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Applewood

Has any one seen a reliable source that tells what caused the asphyxiation? What was around his neck, socks, bed sheet, what exactly was used? Does the size of the ligature marks match up with whatever was used?

Reliable source?  You have to be kidding.  Just about everything I've seen, heard or read about this case comes from some unnamed source.  This particular news item about the autopsy comes from TWO of these anonymous sources.  How do we know if anything being reported is true or false?  How do we know if these anonymous sources are even real?

What passes for journalism these days sucks big time.

Online mountaineer

An autopsy found that financier Jeffrey Epstein sustained multiple breaks in his neck bones, according to two people familiar with the findings
There was a time no editor would have permitted this anonymous, unconfirmed "report" to be published.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

We just investigated a Russian collusion election conspiracy at the cost of $35 million, 2 years.... so, you know, look in the mirror if one thinks others are getting carried away with conspiracy-talk.

Let em, makes em feel like the dough their mom & dad spent on community college wasn't wasted.

I can understand bones being broken by the proverbial long drop on a short rope, but not from being hung from a doorknob while in a chair using paper sheets.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox News has the same story..

Just a question/observation....if true

I you are strangling yourself wouldn't the normal body reflex be to stop with the pain of breaking the bones in your neck as you are tightening the noose?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Experts: Broken Bones in Jeffrey Epstein's Neck 'Are Common In Victims of Homicide by Strangulation'
https://pjmedia.com/trending/experts-broken-bones-in-jeffrey-epsteins-neck-are-common-in-victims-of-homicide-by-strangulation/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

OK, but let me know when there’s communication from Clinton, saying “If it’s what you say, I love it!” in response to being told there will be a room full of DTF teens, then leaves in a huff when the meeting turned out to be about adopting them.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I you are strangling yourself wouldn't the normal body reflex be to stop with the pain of breaking the bones in your neck as you are tightening the noose?

You'd think.

Offline musiclady

Pathetic, really.

Even if you take the Clintons out of the equation, (or never put them in), the murder of a pedophile in prison is something to be suspected. They are despised, and it is possible that either a guard or another prisoner killed Epstein.

It is in no way "pathetic" to be curious and have questions when something like this is reported.

However, it's important to wait for the official autopsy report to draw any conclusions, and to realize that the always unreliable media is putting this out there just for the attention it draws.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline thackney

Just a perspective.  Normal and Epstein have no relation to each other.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Just a perspective.  Normal and Epstein have no relation to each other.

Yeah....true
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm still working on how anyone would hang himself with a paper bedsheet that is designed to tear.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm still working on how anyone would hang himself with a paper bedsheet that is designed to tear.

LOL.....good point...I haven't moved on from that either..
Support the USO

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Even if he had normal sheets, what did he tie them to?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Even if he had normal sheets, what did he tie them to?

:yowsa: There are many more questions than answers at present IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

I was just thinking about those paper gowns I get at the doctor's office.  99 times out of a hundred they are ripped within 2 minutes after I put them on. 

Maybe Epstein didn't have paper sheets at the time he died.  Or maybe he committed suicide with something else.

Offline thackney

I believe the paper bedsheets were only while he was on suicide watch.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer