Author Topic: 'Wedding Crasher' sought by authorities in Texas after targeting events, stealing gifts  (Read 885 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

The Comal County Sheriff’s Office said on Facebook that the woman, dubbed "The Wedding Crasher," has been frequenting wedding events in Comal County and the surrounding area while "preying on unsuspecting families and friends."

"The suspect arrives uninvited to weddings, poses as a guest and then steals the gifts," police said.

Dani Schick, who got married on Aug. 3 at a venue near Spring Branch, Texas, told WOAI/KABB-TV that sometime during the ceremony a woman dropped by posing as a guest before leaving with a few gift cards meant for the bride and groom....

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/wedding-crasher-texas-sought-theft-investigation

Isn't this close to you @corbe?

Online corbe

Yes, @Sanguine seems I've seen her somewhere before and I don't go to weddings so it must have been a Bar.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
   Yes, @Sanguine seems I've seen her somewhere before and I don't go to weddings so it must have been a Bar.

Did she use a gift card?

Offline Night Hides Not

Thanks for posting, @Sanguine . Although my son's upcoming wedding is far from Comal County (East Texas), I'll keep any eye out for her, and any other crashers.

I'll be meeting many of the bride's family today at the wedding shower. I'm just trying to survive the next few weeks, my wife is stressed out over everything. IMO, that's what happens when you can't seem to realize the bride and groom are adults, and it's no longer our job as parents to get involved in everything. He's 30, she's 27, I say let them handle their business.

The sheer size of my wife's family will certainly produce many wedding gifts, and be a target for crashers.

We're paying for their rehearsal dinner (50+ people), and their honeymoon...isn't that sufficient?

We never had a formal wedding, just a JP in Fort Lauderdale before we went on a cruise. Later, we married in the church when I converted to Catholicism. So I'm sure that influences my attitude towards the thing.

My son's lucky, marrying a smart and lovely woman...hoping for the best. LOL, his latest decision encourages me...up until a few weeks ago, he was adamant that the dog was going with him. She's been with us now for about five years, and she belongs here. It's a start...lol.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Night Hides Not, congratulations and I feel for you and Mrs. NHN.  May the bride and groom enjoy many years of wedded bliss.

Offline Night Hides Not

@Night Hides Not, congratulations and I feel for you and Mrs. NHN.  May the bride and groom enjoy many years of wedded bliss.

Thanks!

There's a light at the end of the tunnel. My sister and her clan are coming down to Texas for the wedding, and we'll spend several days in the Hill Country and San Antonio. I've laid out the itinerary and my sis and BIL are completely onboard.

Fredericksburg, Gruene, the Alamo, Riverwalk and Mi Tierra. Kids are in school, and hopefully the weather will start to cool off. Nothing but triple digits in the cards for next week.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Thanks!

There's a light at the end of the tunnel. My sister and her clan are coming down to Texas for the wedding, and we'll spend several days in the Hill Country and San Antonio. I've laid out the itinerary and my sis and BIL are completely onboard.

Fredericksburg, Gruene, the Alamo, Riverwalk and Mi Tierra. Kids are in school, and hopefully the weather will start to cool off. Nothing but triple digits in the cards for next week.

Sounds wonderful.  Umm, I didn't get my invitation.   :laugh: