Author Topic: Former Republican congressman warns Trump a 'storm' is coming  (Read 353 times)

Offline libertybele

Former Republican congressman warns Trump a 'storm' is coming
« on: August 14, 2019, 11:46:25 pm »
Former Republican congressman warns Trump a 'storm' is coming

Former South Carolina Republican Rep. Mark Sanford, who is considering mounting a challenge to President Donald Trump in 2020, warns of a looming financial crisis for America if the country doesn't try tackling its mounting debt.
"There's a big storm coming," Sanford says in a campaign style video released Monday, adding that America is "in the most precarious financial position" and "not dealing with it could crush our economy, it could wipe out whatever we've saved, it could even destroy our republic."
The former congressman has been privately considering whether to run since leaving office in January. Sanford's presidential bid would be a long shot against Trump, who has 88% of approval among Republican voters...........

..............He suggested that South Carolina voters are weary of "the bully in the schoolyard routine" from Trump.
"So I think something is afoot both on the financial front and frankly on the tone and tenor front," he told CNN.
On Tuesday, Sanford paid a visit to the early voting state of New Hampshire as he considers whether to launch a 2020 challenge against Trump, according to The Post and Courier.
Ahead of his visit, Sanford told the newspaper that he will be "quietly having meetings" with people he trusts to provide honest feedback about a path forward.
In his campaign video, Sanford argues that no one in Washington is talking about debt, deficit or government spending. ............

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/14/politics/mark-sanford-trump-2020-campaign/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Former Republican congressman warns Trump a 'storm' is coming
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 12:03:46 am »
Sanford.    :yawn2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 12:22:14 am »
Sanford.    :yawn2:

I think it's much too late for anyone to launch a serious campaign challenge against Trump.  Sanford, however does have a valid point regarding the ever rapidly skyrocketing, out of control deficit.  It is a problem.  It is a problem that I think is way beyond fixing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 12:28:50 am »
I think it's much too late for anyone to launch a serious campaign challenge against Trump.  Sanford, however does have a valid point regarding the ever rapidly skyrocketing, out of control deficit.  It is a problem.  It is a problem that I think is way beyond fixing.

Maybe it occurred to him on a trail in Appalachia? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 12:44:16 am »
He is the epitome, of the GOPe #nevertrump wing of the party.

Flake, Amash, Kasich, Weld,  etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 12:44:28 am »
He's right, but he's still Mark Sanford.
The Republic is lost.