Author Topic: O'Rourke resuming presidential run with 'major' Texas speech  (Read 538 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
O'Rourke resuming presidential run with 'major' Texas speech
« on: August 14, 2019, 08:26:41 pm »
Waco Trib by WILL WEISSERT 8/14/2019

Beto O'Rourke will formally rejoin the presidential race on Thursday, resuming a campaign that has been suspended for nearly two weeks with what he promises will be a "major address to the nation" from his hometown of El Paso, Texas, where a mass shooting killed 22 people.

The Democratic former congressman will outline "the path forward" for his presidential campaign "and for the future of the country." He will then resume traveling the nation as a 2020 White House hopeful, though his advisers have yet to announce where he'll go.

More: https://www.wacotrib.com/news/ap_texas/o-rourke-resuming-presidential-run-with-major-texas-speech/article_82a24718-3caf-57e0-a8f5-5c9d97f8d632.html

Offline mountaineer

Re: O'Rourke resuming presidential run with 'major' Texas speech
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 08:34:55 pm »
 :whocares:   :laughingdog:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 08:46:45 pm »
 :yawn2:

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 08:54:15 pm »
"A major address to the nation"?  For real?  Well, I'll sure be waiting and be sure to tune in.  :facepalm:

The biggest hope I have at this time is for Robert F to continue with his presidential campaign and not come back to Tx to run against Cornyn.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:55:35 pm by berdie »

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 09:17:50 pm »
The Democratic former congressman will outline "the path forward" for his presidential campaign "and for the future of the country."  Yes, indeed, he'll have us all skateboarding in no time!   :rolling:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwizfmPNrH8
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 09:50:00 pm »
This guy is like a turd that needs several flushes to get him to a place were he belongs.  Back in the days before low flow toilets, he would have been gone in a rush of 3.6 gallons.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 10:43:52 pm »
This guy is like a turd that needs several flushes to get him to a place were he belongs.  Back in the days before low flow toilets, he would have been gone in a rush of 3.6 gallons.

In the meantime, to continue an analogy, Beta Blocker is backing up the Democrat septic tank nicely.  💩💩💩
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 10:57:28 pm »
This guy is like a turd that needs several flushes to get him to a place were he belongs.
I've never seen a better description of Robby O'Jerkface. Kudos.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 10:58:52 pm »
"His advisers have yet to announce where he'll go."

I can tell him where to go. :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 12:53:46 pm »

Offline austingirl

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 02:36:33 pm »
I posted the "major" speech last night, you know, the one that will change everything for the skateboarder. The video at the link is epic. Besides the wild gesticulations to punctuate just about every word, he says Trump is terrorizing the cities he visits and that he, the punk-rocker, is going to trail after him fixing the damage. You will laugh, you will cry.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,372290.msg2034910.html#msg2034910

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 02:42:07 pm »
What a dufous....   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline austingirl

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 02:48:02 pm »
@mountaineer

Love this!

If it said Robert Francis instead of Beto it would be perfect!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 03:03:53 pm »
I posted the "major" speech last night, you know, the one that will change everything for the skateboarder. The video at the link is epic. Besides the wild gesticulations to punctuate just about every word, he says Trump is terrorizing the cities he visits and that he, the punk-rocker, is going to trail after him fixing the damage. You will laugh, you will cry.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,372290.msg2034910.html#msg2034910

I watched about 3 minutes of the speech.  The very beginning and about a minute in the middle.  He comes across phony, rehearsed and doesn't have a freaking clue.

He touched upon immigration -- and how Trump is so terrible.  I wish I would have been in the audience.  I would have asked him, Beto, what about the innocent American citizens who have fallen victim to the hands of ILLEGALS?

I had to chuckle when he mentioned that he couldn't stay in El Paso because he had to do what was best for the country and run for President.  Well...he got that right ... if he is the nomineeT rump will devour him up and spit him out and he will be defeated.

Glad Beto has decided to keep running.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 03:46:44 pm »
I watched about 3 minutes of the speech.  The very beginning and about a minute in the middle.  He comes across phony, rehearsed and doesn't have a freaking clue.

He touched upon immigration -- and how Trump is so terrible.  I wish I would have been in the audience.  I would have asked him, Beto, what about the innocent American citizens who have fallen victim to the hands of ILLEGALS?

I had to chuckle when he mentioned that he couldn't stay in El Paso because he had to do what was best for the country and run for President.  Well...he got that right ... if he is the nomineeT rump will devour him up and spit him out and he will be defeated.

Glad Beto has decided to keep running.

@libertybele

Robert Francis nauseates me. So hard to watch him twitching and inciting hatred. With his low poll numbers, I was hoping he wouldn't make the cut for the next debate, but he did.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2019, 04:04:44 pm »
O'Rourke raised $76 million in that senatorial race against Ted Cruz. That’s an unprecedented amount—where it all came from is a matter for separate discussion. But, despite the money, Sen. Cruz should have been able to crush him like the gnat he is. Texas you almost let us down.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2019, 04:37:54 pm »
Bobby's a legend in his own mind ... when he isn't out wandering around trying to find himself.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2019, 07:48:39 pm »
Simple fact.  O'Rourke could not beat Cruz in Texas, despite receiving huge amounts of money from national interests.  Cruz is not exactly what one would consider a hot candidate, and he could not beat him.  Cruz could not beat Trump in 2016, so exactly how stupid is this guy?  Or better, how arrogant?

This fool rises to a high of 3%, unless he hangs in until the very end where he gets 8%, because  he is the last left standing next to the person winning state to state.  Sort of like Rick Santorum, where he came in 2nd.  Yeah, right!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2019, 09:32:29 pm »
O'Rourke raised $76 million in that senatorial race against Ted Cruz. That’s an unprecedented amount—where it all came from is a matter for separate discussion. But, despite the money, Sen. Cruz should have been able to crush him like the gnat he is. Texas you almost let us down.

Using history as a guide, I contend it was Beto’s race to lose. There was huge momentum behind the Democrats, as evidenced by the large numbers of Democrats winning in formerly Republican strongholds.

It was a midterm election cycle, and Republicans not exactly enthralled with Trump’s style and lack of results on border security opted to sit this one out. Cruz ran a good race despite the headwinds he faced.

The continued attacks on Cruz IMO do not aid Trump’s electability one iota. I don’t expect the President to change his style. Thankfully, I have another 15 months before I have to vote.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2019, 09:52:10 pm »
Bobby's a legend in his own mind ... when he isn't out wandering around trying to find himself.

The skateboarder, with his fantasy story of murdering children, trying to feed his wife baby poo, working as a manny after graduating Columbia until his daddy pulled him out of the doldrums, is in love with himself. He doesn't believe everyone doesn't feel the same.