Author Topic: Steve King: Without rape and incest, 'Would there be any population of the world left?'  (Read 797 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Steve King: Without rape and incest, 'Would there be any population of the world left?'
by Ellie Bufkin
 | August 14, 2019 02:19 PM

During a Wednesday speech to the Westside Conservative Club in Iowa, Rep. Steve King suggested that populations across the globe were rooted in rape, pillaging, and incest, while espousing that no baby should be aborted because of the way they were conceived.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest?" the Iowa congressman asked. "Would there be any population of the world left if we did that? Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

King, the father of three sons, argued that babies conceived of rape were no less valuable than those conceived intentionally. "It's not the baby's fault for the sin of the father, or of the mother," he said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/steve-king-without-rape-and-incest-would-there-be-any-population-of-the-world-left
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

What a ducking ifiot. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He has a point.  Parsed crudely... but still, he ain't wrong.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

That probably could have been worded a little better ...   :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
 :shrug:

You read exactly his point and obviously you have to read it in context... but unfortunately it provided the media with a soundbite ready for ridicule.

Offline rustynail

He's right the crack of dawn is not safe around some.

Offline Victoria33

@The Ghost

You said: "He has a point.  Parsed crudely... but still, he ain't wrong." 

He and You are right.   I wrote a post yesterday about, in the early days, women were furniture to be done with as a man pleased.  Women are not as strong, and strength was the balance of power then.

It is still happening in some countries in large scale - is happening here much less but is happening.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I think that Representative King has reached a stage in life in which he is having a hard time articulating his thoughts.....

Offline corbe

The GOP has already stripped all his Committee assignments as they did Justin Amash, what are they goona do?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

The GOP has already stripped all his Committee assignments as they did Justin Amash, what are they goona do?

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Not much. I expect Feenstra will win the primary.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What a ducking ifiot.
It would be interesting to see what happened to the royals of Europe in the past five centuries if incest was eliminated...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@The Ghost

He and You are right.   I wrote a post yesterday about, in the early days, women were furniture to be done with as a man pleased.  Women are not as strong, and strength was the balance of power then.

It is still happening in some countries in large scale - is happening here much less but is happening.

http://globaljusticecenter.net/blog/937-the-rwandan-genocide-rape-and-hiv-used-as-weapons-of-war

In some parts of the world, rape isn't a population enhancer at all.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 12:43:30 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@The Ghost

It is overlooked that this is the point he was making

while espousing that no baby should be aborted because of the way they were conceived.

And he is 100% correct.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LMAO

I think that Representative King has reached a stage in life in which he is having a hard time articulating his thoughts.....

The GOP’s Joe Biden
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LottieDah

Has Representative King gotten a full physical evaluation?  Perhaps something physical is clouding his judgment and that is why he is having difficulty articulating his thoughts.

Offline skeeter

Has Representative King gotten a full physical evaluation?  Perhaps something physical is clouding his judgment and that is why he is having difficulty articulating his thoughts.

As dishonest as the media is becoming, and as willing as they are these days to take statements completely out of context, sometimes to the point of flat lying by omission or juxtaposition to push a political agenda, it won't take too much to make any plain spoken person look like an insensitive clown.

Rather than attack that person (not you; I mean our party & partisan talking heads) a much better strategy would be to highlight and attack the tactic.

After all, I'd rather have a plain spoken person than some equivocating, mealy mouthed squish representing me.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 06:11:06 pm by skeeter »

Offline Absalom

--------------------------------
Difficulty articulating his thoughts???
Er.............our political assholery doesn't have thoughts!!!