Author Topic: The Dow Dives 750 Points Because a Recession Signal Is Flashing Red  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Dow Dives 750 Points Because a Recession Signal Is Flashing Red
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2019, 04:27:29 pm »
The Media has gotten their marching orders from the DNC - Start talking down the economy.    So predictable.

As sure as the sun comes up in the morning!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2019, 05:41:02 pm »
@libertybele

Thank you for your help.  My advisor (actually, I have a team) does not work on a commission.  The team provides me with daily info on the markets, keeps a close watch on what I have and provides regular updates.  The guy I'm talking to tomorrow always tells me to "stop worrying."  He will probably say that when I talk to him tomorrow.  LOL

I think the MarketWatch article is the first one I've read that says a recession could be offset.  Everything I've been reading over the last several months say we are headed for a recession.  who to believe?  I don't know.

FWIW:  As of a few minutes ago, the Dow was up a modest 48.95.

It is difficult to say.  We've worked with the same advisor for over 20 years ... and we are still invested -- though set up so we get income from dividends.  The other advisor with the video is fee only and he's looked up to in this area.

It's a hard call.  We're in the same spot -- retired -- but an annuity wasn't the answer for income either and the fee only advisor is dead set against them as well.

Perhaps holding some physical gold? If the bottom falls out, it will still have some value.

Anyways, best of luck to you.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2019, 10:00:02 pm »
It is difficult to say.  We've worked with the same advisor for over 20 years ... and we are still invested -- though set up so we get income from dividends.  The other advisor with the video is fee only and he's looked up to in this area.

It's a hard call.  We're in the same spot -- retired -- but an annuity wasn't the answer for income either and the fee only advisor is dead set against them as well.

Perhaps holding some physical gold? If the bottom falls out, it will still have some value.

Anyways, best of luck to you.
if the bottom falls out, stick with raw land.  Rarely goes down in value and can always plant potatoes to survive.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington