Author Topic: Guatemala safe third country agreement is pretty much dead  (Read 548 times)

Offline bilo

Guatemala safe third country agreement is pretty much dead
« on: August 14, 2019, 03:24:19 pm »
    A Guatemalan immigration agreement signed with the Trump administration won’t work because the Central American nation does not have the resources, the country’s new president-elect says.

Alejandro Giammattei, a conservative who was chosen overwhelmingly by voters in a weekend runoff election, said in an interview with The Associated Press on Tuesday that Guatemala is too poor to tend to its own people, let alone those from other countries…

“In order to be a safe country, one has to be certified as such by an international body, and I do not think Guatemala fulfills the requirements to be a third safe country. That definition doesn’t fit us,” said Giammattei, a 63-year-old doctor.

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2019/08/14/guatemala-safe-third-country-agreement-pretty-much-dead/
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Re: Guatemala safe third country agreement is pretty much dead
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 03:26:39 pm »
So he's either fishing for dollars, or wants to off load all his country's garbage on us.

I have no problem helping them financially if there is a benefit for us. If that doesn't motivate him maybe stopping all remittances will.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 11:06:28 pm »
I'm not sure that we can "stop" the remittances.

But we can certainly tax them.

Which is what we should be doing right now, anyway, but... are not.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 12:06:22 am »
Meh.  It's nothing a few Billion dollars of US Taxpayers money can't fix.  SSDD.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: