Author Topic: FBI Arrests 18-Year-Old Who Makes Online Threat, Finds 25 Guns and 10,000 Rounds of Ammo  (Read 851 times)

rangerrebew

FBI Arrests 18-Year-Old Who Makes Online Threat, Finds 25 Guns and 10,000 Rounds of Ammo
By Alan Cheung
August 14, 2019 Updated: August 14, 2019

An 18-year-old Ohio youth was arrested after he made online threats to shoot federal law enforcement officers.

After a 6-month investigation into Justin Olsen, FBI agents reportedly found 15 rifles and shotguns, ten pistols, camouflage attire, and 10,000 rounds of ammunition in his bedroom, Fox News reported.

FBI Special Agent Themistocles Tsarnas reported that Olsen threatened federal agents on a social media website called iFunny, Daily Mail reported.

Tsarnas said that the young man was making the comments under the profile name “ArmyofChrist.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fbi-arrests-18-year-old-who-makes-online-threat-finds-25-guns-and-10000-rounds-of-ammo_3041247.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No way!  We need to pass Red Flag laws now!

Offline skeeter

A shooting enthusiast with a decent income can burn 10k rounds at the range in a few months.

But some people really need to exercise a little common sense when commenting on an open forum.

Offline jpsb

A shooting enthusiast with a decent income can burn 10k rounds at the range in a few months.

But some people really need to exercise a little common sense when commenting on an open forum.

15 rifles @ 400 each =   6,000
10 pistols @ 300 each = 3,000
10,000 rounds at .15   =1,500

total is                         10,500.00

That is a lot of money for an 18 yo kid to spend on guns and ammo
also my numbers are dated since I have not bough a rifle in over 20 years and 20 years ago a new so so rifle was 400+ a good one was 1500+

Offline skeeter

also my numbers are dated since I have not bough a rifle in over 20 years and 20 years ago a new so so rifle was 400+ a good one was 1500+
Doesn't say who bought the ammo or how he came by the guns. Coulda been hand-me-downs.

My point is it's not so unusual to have that many guns and rounds, although the story makes it sound like it is.

The kid is obviously unbalanced and should be examined closely.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 03:07:26 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Lamestream Media calls that "an arsenal."  I call it a trip to the Range.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

The kid is 18. Can he, legally, own those handguns and rifles (I assume the shotguns would be legal, for use in hunting game birds)?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thackney

The kid is 18. Can he, legally, own those handguns and rifles (I assume the shotguns would be legal, for use in hunting game birds)?

Not the handguns or handgun ammo.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/does-customer-have-be-certain-age-buy-firearms-or-ammunition-licensee

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.21
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 06:20:03 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Ohio provides no minimum age for the possession of firearms, although federal age restrictions still apply.

Minimum Age for Gun Possession: Subject to limited exceptions*, federal law prohibits the possession of a handgun or handgun ammunition by any person under the age of 18. Federal law provides no minimum age for the possession of long guns or long gun ammunition.

Online The_Reader_David

No way!  We need to pass Red Flag laws now!

Online threat against Feds, caught immediately.

Threat written on paper against fellow high school students, notice by principal, no action...

It's that latter that a correctly drawn red flag law would address by giving the principal standing to seek an injunction, presenting the written threat as evidence, against the threatening student possessing firearms.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online The_Reader_David

At least in some places you can pick up a perfectly serviceable Mosin-Nagant for about $200. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline roamer_1

Minimum Age for Gun Possession: Subject to limited exceptions*, federal law prohibits the possession of a handgun or handgun ammunition by any person under the age of 18. Federal law provides no minimum age for the possession of long guns or long gun ammunition.

REALLY? LOL! How dumb is that?
I had my first handgun early... a .22 for dispatching critters in my traps. I can't rightly say when that was, maybe 12 of so... Certainly by 15, because I had my DL by then and could run long trap lines...

Both my boys had handguns right along with their rifles - Both blooded somewhere around 13.. If you can hunt, you need a pistol, and a big one... You don't walk off into the woods without one.

What a ridiculous law.

Offline roamer_1

Threat written on paper against fellow high school students, notice by principal, no action...

It's that latter that a correctly drawn red flag law would address by giving the principal standing to seek an injunction, presenting the written threat as evidence, against the threatening student possessing firearms.

Riiiight. a principal who is a flaming liberal that will kick a kid out of school for even drawing a picture of a gun... Be careful what you wish for, @The_Reader_David ...

Offline verga

The Lamestream Media calls that "an arsenal."  I call it a trip to the Range.
:amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

Not the handguns or handgun ammo.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/does-customer-have-be-certain-age-buy-firearms-or-ammunition-licensee

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.21
Actually your source says that he may own a handgun, he just may not purchase one. He could have received it as a gift.
I am not saying that is what happened, but he could definitely legally own one.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline thackney

Actually your source says that he may own a handgun, he just may not purchase one. He could have received it as a gift.
I am not saying that is what happened, but he could definitely legally own one.

Thank you
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

"Notice by principal"?  Does that mean the principle did not give notice?  In that case the problem is with the principle, not the process.

Offline verga

"Notice by principal"?  Does that mean the principle did not give notice?  In that case the problem is with the principle, not the process.
About 20 years ago I had a student that threatened suicide to me. I notified the Principal. He immediately pulled the kid And got him in front of a guidance counselor. He was referred to the Community services board by the school psychologist and was able to get some serious help. I have always counted that as a win. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
About 20 years ago I had a student that threatened suicide to me. I notified the Principal. He immediately pulled the kid And got him in front of a guidance counselor. He was referred to the Community services board by the school psychologist and was able to get some serious help. I have always counted that as a win.

Exactly.  A normal person would do that.