Author Topic: 'Not electable': Voters hesitant to support Pete Buttigieg over sexual orientation, youth  (Read 774 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'Not electable': Voters hesitant to support Pete Buttigieg over sexual orientation, youth
Washington Times, Aug 13, 2019

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa — Democratic voters here love Mayor Pete, but they may be penalizing him because he’s gay.

It’s not that they hold it against Pete Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend, Indiana, but they fear the rest of the country may not be ready for a 37-year-old, married, openly gay man to sit in the White House, so they are reluctant to help him win the party’s presidential nomination.

“Pete Buttigieg is interesting to me, but, honestly, he is probably not electable, and the last thing I want is Donald Trump in office,” said David Cline. “I do believe his sexuality is an issue for folks, which is too bad.

“He is extremely articulate, and he is spot on in regards to faith and justice,” the 64-year-old said. “I think people probably think he is a little too young. My hope is that he stays in for the future.”

His comments dovetail with the findings of a Quinnipiac University Poll that found most voters are open to electing a gay president, but a majority also doubt their fellow countrymen are. Just 36% told the pollsters they see it happening.

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/13/pete-buttigieg-sexuality-youth-worry-iowa-voters/

Offline LMAO

It’s not his sexual orientation that disturbs me but  his political positions
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online andy58-in-nh

Nobody wants to think about his positions, either.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Applewood

I really don't think Pete has anything to offer other than "Look at me!  I'm gay!"  Really, I doubt too many people except for other LGBTQRSTUVs really care about him.  And I don't know about other straight people, but personally, I get really tired of these people flaunting their perversions all the time.  I'm opposed to their lifestyles on religious grounds, but it's their business.  Or it should be.  How would they like it if straight men would announce "Hey I'm heterosexual and last night I diddled with my wife."  I should think they would get sick of it after a while.  I know I'm sick and tired of having their activities thrown at me all the time.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't mind that Pete is gay.  I do mind that he thinks he's married to his boyfriend, I mind his political stances, and maybe most of all I mind that he appears to be basing his virtue and qualification to run on the idea that he is gay.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
My main objection to Buttigieg is that he is partisan to an almost mendacious degree.   His most radical proposals - court-packing, abolishing the electoral college, statehood for D.C. - are all aimed at cementing the political dominance of the Democratic party.   I see little evidence he wants to be a President for the rest of us.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

I don't mind that Pete is gay.  I do mind that he thinks he's married to his boyfriend, I mind his political stances, and maybe most of all I mind that he appears to be basing his virtue and qualification to run on the idea that he is gay.

pointing-up :yowsa:

Offline aligncare

And his Afghanistan veteran creds (a rigged enlistment and safe assignment arranged when he was mayor).

No sale Pete. You’ve got a looong way to go before you ever develop the kind of gravitas necessary to be a U.S. president.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 05:59:17 pm by aligncare »

Offline PeteS in CA

Were I to list the 20 reasons I would not consider voting for Buttigieg, his chosen lifestyle would not be on the list. His preference of Coke or Pepsi would concern me more.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online berdie

I really don't think Pete has anything to offer other than "Look at me!  I'm gay!"  Really, I doubt too many people except for other LGBTQRSTUVs really care about him.  And I don't know about other straight people, but personally, I get really tired of these people flaunting their perversions all the time.  I'm opposed to their lifestyles on religious grounds, but it's their business.  Or it should be.  How would they like it if straight men would announce "Hey I'm heterosexual and last night I diddled with my wife."  I should think they would get sick of it after a while.  I know I'm sick and tired of having their activities thrown at me all the time.

I can't agree more.  I don't like what is in his head.  Besides, we can't in this country, elect a woman, how are we going to elect a Buttigieg.

Disclaimer: We haven't had a good woman candidate. And I wouldn't vote for a candidate because of gender anyhow.

Offline aligncare

I can't agree more.  I don't like what is in his head.  Besides, we can't in this country, elect a woman, how are we going to elect a Buttigieg.

Disclaimer: We haven't had a good woman candidate. And I wouldn't vote for a candidate because of gender anyhow.

888high58888

The best man for the job often is a woman.

Bill Cipher

Bingo

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

While misquoting scripture the whole way.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Bingo

YUP.  Little old lady's Bingo cards lit up all over the hall.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

Nobody wants to think about his positions, either.

:rolling: 888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I don't know if the Buttgig name is his birth name or from his 'husband'.
But either way, that is a very unfortunate name for a gay guy in politics.
He should change his last name to Johnson, or Washington.
Something normal. Anything without Butt in it.
Can't say how big of a political factor this is, but I do know a lot of people think it is a weird and funny name for a gay President. I wonder how Buttgig would be translated around the world? There is bound to be plenty of jokes being told.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't know if the Buttgig name is his birth name or from his 'husband'.
But either way, that is a very unfortunate name for a gay guy in politics.
He should change his last name to Johnson, or Washington.
Something normal. Anything without Butt in it.
Can't say how big of a political factor this is, but I do know a lot of people think it is a weird and funny name for a gay President. I wonder how Buttgig would be translated around the world? There is bound to be plenty of jokes being told.

Do you see any potential problems with "Johnson?" :rolling:
I will NOT comply.