Author Topic: Trump rips emolument lawsuits: Being president 'costing me a fortune'  (Read 242 times)

Online corbe

Trump rips emolument lawsuits: Being president 'costing me a fortune'

Brett Samuels

1 hr ago

President Trump on Tuesday disputed that he's profiting off the presidency, arguing instead that lawsuits alleging he's violated the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution amount to "presidential harassment" and are costing him significant legal fees.

"I got sued on a thing called emoluments. Emoluments. You ever hear of the word? Nobody ever heard of it before," Trump said at a Shell petrochemical plant in Pennsylvania.

"And what it is is presidential harassment, because this thing is costing me a fortune, and I love it," Trump added. "I love it because I'm making the lives of other people much, much better."

Multiple lawsuits have alleged Trump is in violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution, which prohibits elected officials from receiving gifts or benefits from foreign governments without Congress's approval.

A federal appeals court dismissed an emoluments lawsuit last month filed by Maryland and the District of Columbia, but a separate emoluments lawsuit brought by Democratic lawmakers is still proceeding through the court system.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-rips-emolument-lawsuits-being-president-costing-me-a-fortune/ar-AAFL0DD?ocid=ientp

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

'Being There' (White House) has probably saved his Corporation from bleeding so profusely and putting his dumb azz sons in charge was the icing on the cake.
    Besides he's not 'suppose to make a fortune' while being our 'Celebrity Apprentice' President, this ain't NBC.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

I'm trolling @Emjay

Bill Cipher

Emoluments ain’t “net profits”. What kind of an idiot is in the White House?

Wait.  Don’t answer that.