Author Topic: Americans Apply For Jobs at Mississippi Chicken Plants After ICE Raid  (Read 606 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
by Cristina Laila August 13, 2019

Americans in need of work applied for jobs at the Mississippi chicken plants recently raided by ICE.

A job fair attracted nearly 150 locals looking for work after ICE raided and removed hundreds of illegal aliens working at the Koch Foods’ (unrelated to Koch brothers) plants in Mississippi.

How could this be? The Commie-media complex told us that illegal aliens do the work Americans refuse to do.

The Clarion Ledger reported:
    About 25 to 30 people showed up to apply for jobs at Koch Foods’ nearby poultry processing plant. Of those, about an equal number were black, white or Latino.

“This is what you’d normally see here,” said Dianne Bell, communications director for the Mississippi Department of Employment Security, of the job fair held between 9 and 11 a.m.

Dozens more showed up in response to online ads looking to hire plant workers...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/americans-apply-for-jobs-at-mississippi-chicken-plants-after-ice-raid/

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Americans Apply For Jobs at Mississippi Chicken Plants After ICE Raid
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 09:49:51 pm »
Trump created 600-700 new jobs in the Jackson, Mississippi area.

It's kind of on a tangent, but I read in the relevant news release from ICE and elsewhere that those plants have been under investigation for some time, and records were seized in the raids. It's not impossible that HR and upper manglers might face legal consequences.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 09:56:01 pm »
Trump created 600-700 new jobs in the Jackson, Mississippi area.

It's kind of on a tangent, but I read in the relevant news release from ICE and elsewhere that those plants have been under investigation for some time, and records were seized in the raids. It's not impossible that HR and upper manglers might face legal consequences.

That made me laugh: "manglers"!  So apropos. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 10:02:01 pm »
   I dated an Arkansas woman, Breifely, that worked in one of Tyson's factory's.  It's a dirty job, I'd rather pick lettuce as far as Jobs Americans won't do.

There was a reason I called her 'Dirty Leg'
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 01:37:19 am »
A step in the right direction, though it doesn't sound like enough Americans applied to fill the positions even if they were all hired.

We need to be fining/jailing employers to the point where wages rise to the point where Americans will do the jobs.

Hmm, here's a thought.  Provide financial rewards (tax breaks?) to employers who identify illegals via everify. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 02:15:26 pm »
Enough ICE raids will end the question of raising the minimum wage. If you can't hirer enough qualified workers you need to automate or increase your pay rate.
Almost half the cashiers at the local Walmart have been replaced by one person monitoring about 8-10 "scan and goes"
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 02:17:36 pm »
If you listen to the "never's" and open border nuts.... the price of a chicken wing just went up a dime.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 10:33:01 pm »
Hmmm....

25-30 people showed up to apply for jobs, where 600+ vacancies were created.

There's a reason most "citizen folks" would prefer not to work in many of those poultry and meat processing plants.

I'm as anti-illegal immigrant as any one here -- probably MORE so.
I advocated for the construction of a USA-Mexico border wall as far back as 1995.

But even though I'm dumb, I'm smart enough to realize that there really ARE some jobs that are so gritty, greasy and lousy that they could be "jobs Americans don't want to do".

And that's why the positions were filled by illegals...

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 10:45:00 pm »
    I may consider you a Trumper at times @Fishrrman but #Never 'dumb'.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2019, 01:17:38 am »
Hmmm....

25-30 people showed up to apply for jobs, where 600+ vacancies were created.

There's a reason most "citizen folks" would prefer not to work in many of those poultry and meat processing plants.

I'm as anti-illegal immigrant as any one here -- probably MORE so.
I advocated for the construction of a USA-Mexico border wall as far back as 1995.

But even though I'm dumb, I'm smart enough to realize that there really ARE some jobs that are so gritty, greasy and lousy that they could be "jobs Americans don't want to do".

And that's why the positions were filled by illegals...

I think this was only one plant, whereas the vacancies are at several plants.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2019, 07:30:18 pm »
After ICE Raids, US Citizens Flock To Jobs

Less than one week after ICE raided 7 food processing facilities in Mississippi apprehending nearly 700 illegal workers, American citizens are rushing to freshly-available jobs.

Koch Foods is headquartered in Chicago but maintains a chicken processing facility in Mississippi that employed 243 of the 680 undocumented Latino workers arrested in the raids last Thursday. Koch has since collaborated with the Mississippi Department of Employment Security (MDES), holding a job fair to recruit new, legal, workers, according to the Associated Press.

The fair raked in 200 applications before noon, according to local media. The company says it will require applicants to present two forms of identification before being hired, according to CNN. MDES will also vet all Mississippi workers for legality using the state’s E-Verify system, according to USA Today.
Dianne Bell of the Mississippi Department of Employment Security was involved in coordinating the job fair. She says that the immigration raid and Koch’s interest in recruitment of new legal workers went hand in hand.

“They reached out to us the very same day [as the raids],” Bell told USA Today, speaking on the collaborative recruitment effort between Koch and the MDES.

Those who are now seeking employment in the raided facilities cite high wages and frequent pay as reasons to take the exhausting job of a food processing worker, according to USA Today.

200 applications in just 3 or 4 hours is a pretty good turn-out.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 07:56:18 pm »
After ICE Raids, US Citizens Flock To Jobs

200 applications in just 3 or 4 hours is a pretty good turn-out.

Indeed.  Trump's actions just created new jobs.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.