Author Topic: Victims of deadly Texas highway shooting are identified, shooter still at large  (Read 634 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is pretty awful:
Officials in Texas have identified two motorists who were shot and killed on a Houston freeway last week as the hunt for the gunman continues.

Binel Gasery, 33, and Bradley Barker, 25, were driving eastbound on Interstate 10 during the evening rush hour Aug. 8 when their silver sedan was rear-ended by another vehicle, causing them to spin out and roll downhill near the highway.

The driver of the second vehicle got out of his car and started following the car downhill on foot, shooting rounds into the front windshield of the victim's car with "a gun similar to an AR-15," police said....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-killed-in-texas-highway-shooting-are-identified-shooters-still-at-large

Bill Cipher

Geez.  That’s pretty hardcore.  Sounds like the driver had a beef and went after them intentionally. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Geez.  That’s pretty hardcore.  Sounds like the driver had a beef and went after them intentionally.

Yes, it does.

Online berdie

The sad thing is...a beef may just have something  to do with driving to slowly. I retired last year from a job in Dallas. The drive became harrowing (I live 65 miles away). People are just so darn mad.

The traffic here is getting stupid...Houston has been bad for a long while.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 08:42:37 pm by berdie »

Offline skeeter

The sad thing is...a beef may just have something  to do with driving to slowly. I retired last year from a job in Dallas. The drive became harrowing (I live 65 miles away). People are just so darn mad.

The traffic here is getting stupid...Houston has been bad for a long while.

Seems like a hit. I'd wager the beef is cartel related.

BTW I used to have business in Irving & can vouch for your 'harrowing' description. A 15 yard long on-ramp merging into 90 mph highway traffic tends to fray the nerves.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 08:45:59 pm by skeeter »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Seems like a hit. I'd wager the beef is cartel related.
Me too. Looks like a hit. The pursuing driver first rammed them off the road, then finished the job. Probably drug related.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Me too. Looks like a hit. The pursuing driver first rammed them off the road, then finished the job. Probably drug related.
Either 'professional' or really, really, pissed off.

Doesn't sound like mere road rage.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The article says he got out of his car then followed the car as it moved off the road downhill, yet the shots were fired through the front windshield.

That means the gunman did not just go after the car, but got in front of it to make those shots.

Cold blooded for sure, no question about it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The article says he got out of his car then followed the car as it moved off the road downhill, yet the shots were fired through the front windshield.

That means the gunman did not just go after the car, but got in front of it to make those shots.

Cold blooded for sure, no question about it.
The shooter made sure he had hit the targets. Once and done sort of thing with no need for a follow up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis