Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg's question to woman who shook RFK's hand takes awkward turn  (Read 366 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Pete Buttigieg's question to woman who shook RFK's hand takes awkward turn
MSN, Aug 14, 2019, Fox News

The Democrat was campaigning at the Iowa State Fair when a woman approached him and said she met Kennedy in 1968, according to a tweet from a CNN producer.

“I shook Robert Kennedy’s hand in 1968,” the woman told him.

Buttigieg responded: “So you’re good luck?”

“Not really— he was shot a month later,” the woman said.

Kennedy, the former senator and attorney general beloved by liberals, was assassinated in California in 1968 while seeking the Democratic nomination for president. His brother, President John F. Kennedy, was assassinated in 1963.

Buttigieg is among the Democratics who have been campaigning over the last few days at the Iowa State Fair.

"I'm running for president because it's time to have somebody in the Oval Office who will stick up for American values," Buttigieg said during a speech at the fair Tuesday.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pete-buttigiegs-question-to-woman-who-shook-rfks-hand-takes-awkward-turn/ar-AAFL9eg?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=U457DHP

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Sounds like something Biden would say. :thud:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Biden would say he was in the room with RFK when he was shot and he, Rafer Johnson, and Rosey Grier disarmed Sirhan.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Dennis Prager wrote an editorial recently in one of the paywall outfits, NYT, WSJ, WAPO, I forget what, but he talked about how back then, when MLK Jr. was assassinated, RFK was in Indianapolis and RFK spoke about the injustices but how we need to remain peaceful and come together. Sebastian Gorka was summarizing it on his show, I know Prager wrote that but Prager talked about how nowadays, the Dems just can not be unifying in something like this.  Division all the time.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Biden would say he was in the room with RFK when he was shot and he, Rafer Johnson, and Rosey Grier disarmed Sirhan.

@The Ghost  888high58888
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline PeteS in CA

The Democrat was campaigning at the Iowa State Fair when a woman approached him and said she met Kennedy in 1968, according to a tweet from a CNN producer.

“I shook Robert Kennedy’s hand in 1968,” the woman told him.

Buttigieg responded: “So you’re good luck?”

“Not really— he was shot a month later,” the woman said.

:silly: Rural people and older people (the lady is probably over 70, not OLD, but definitely older) often are a bit direct or even blunt. :silly: It says a lot about Buttigieg's knowledge and understanding of normal ordinary people that he walked into that awkward moment.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.