Author Topic: Democrats Push More Gun Control After McConnell Caves on Background Checks  (Read 886 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Democrat lawmaker are already looking beyond universal background checks in hopes of pressuring Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) into banning “assault weapons” too.
McConnell already made clear universal background checks “will probably lead the discussion” when the Senate reconvenes in September, so Democrats are pressing on to their next goal–securing an “assault weapons” ban.

The Hill quoted Anthony Brown (D-MD) saying, “Meaningful action doesn’t end with signing a bipartisan background checks bill, which is important. We have to ban high-capacity magazines that allowed the Dayton shooter and so many others to fire off tens of rounds in merely seconds. We have to ban assault weapons to get these weapons of war off our streets.”

Almost 200 House Democrats have already signed on to “assault weapons” ban legislation that would not only prohibit millions of the most commonly-owned semiautomatic rifles in America but would also ban magazines holding 11 or more rounds of ammunition. The “assault weapons” ban legislation is sponsored by Rep. David N. Cicilline (D-RI).

Common Dreams quoted Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD) telling reporters that McConnell needs “to look a special interest group in the eye and say enough is enough, it’s time to act.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/14/democrats-push-more-gun-control-after-mcconnell-caves-on-background-checks/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Here is basically what the Dems are now gonna push for...

H.R. 1296 is similar to the 94 assault weapons ban except stricter. Instead of requiring two listed features to be present for the firearm to be affected, it requires only one. That likely expands the impact of the ban to millions more firearms that are currently legally-owned.

The text of the bill is here:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1296/text?r=21&s=1
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Here is basically what the Dems are now gonna push for...

H.R. 1296 is similar to the 94 assault weapons ban except stricter. Instead of requiring two listed features to be present for the firearm to be affected, it requires only one. That likely expands the impact of the ban to millions more firearms that are currently legally-owned.

The text of the bill is here:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1296/text?r=21&s=1

Any Republican that votes for that can kiss his political @ZZ goodbye permanently IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Methinks the Rats are going for the bridge too far.  Let's hope they keep it up, even the Turtle would balk.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Methinks the Rats are going for the bridge too far.  Let's hope they keep it up, even the Turtle would balk.

But we all know what happens when you give the Dems an inch...Mitch has given them that inch...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But we all know what happens when you give the Dems an inch...Mitch has given them that inch...

The inch ain't "given" until it becomes law.  Until then it's just posturing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The inch ain't "given" until it becomes law.  Until then it's just posturing.

I'm pretty sure if Mitch is talking background checks...then they're gonna happen.  It explains why Ivanka's been on the phone twisting arms and Trump himself said the NRA wold come around on this issue.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm pretty sure if Mitch is talking background checks...then they're gonna happen.  It explains why Ivanka's been on the phone twisting arms and Trump himself said the NRA wold come around on this issue.

We'll have to see.  The Rats think they have us on the run and can demand anything.  I think they're wrong, there's a threshold.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
We'll have to see.  The Rats think they have us on the run and can demand anything.  I think they're wrong, there's a threshold.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong on this.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I hope you're right and I'm wrong on this.

It's not mutually exclusive.  More than likely we'll both be wrong.   9999hair out0000
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
 :chairbang: 9999hair out0000

Offline roamer_1

Dunno about the rats, but the Pubs are fixin to. Sonsabiches.  9999hair out0000

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Dunno about the rats, but the Pubs are fixin to. Sonsabiches.  9999hair out0000

I know for sure of one of the AZ Senators is gonna lose in 2020 if she votes for that.  I told her so last Wednesday, too.  I was informed I "bullied" the A-10 pilot. *****rollingeyes*****
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

I know for sure of one of the AZ Senators is gonna lose in 2020 if she votes for that.  I told her so last Wednesday, too.  I was informed I "bullied" the A-10 pilot. *****rollingeyes*****

Yeah, I called Gianforte and Danes and read em the riot act.  I have been on the phone all day long to my old TEA pals...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, I called Gianforte and Danes and read em the riot act.  I have been on the phone all day long to my old TEA pals...

TEA Party meeting on Saturday.  I have a beer run to make tomorrow, one of the kegs is empty.
I will NOT comply.