Author Topic: Federal charges filed against friend of Dayton gunman Connor Betts for allegedly lying on federal fi  (Read 1270 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Federal charges have been filed against a friend of the gunman who killed nine people in Dayton, Ohio, authorities say.
Interested in Dayton Mass Shooting?

Ethan Kollie, 24, allegedly lied on federal firearms forms to purchase his own firearm as well as body armor, 100-round drum magazine and unregulated accessory for an AR-15 weapon that gunman Connor Betts used during the Aug. 4 shooting, according to a criminal complaint filed in the Southern District of Ohio.

(MORE: Alleged Dayton gunman Connor Betts showed signs of misogyny, mirroring a grim pattern for shooters)
Hours after the shooting, special agents with the FBI and ATF interviewed Kollie at his home in Kettering, Ohio, after he indicated that he had purchased the items for Betts, U.S. Attorney Benjamin Glassman told reporters at a press conference Monday.

During the course of the initial interview, agents "observed in plain sight" what appeared to be a bong and a pistol and smelled marijuana, Glassman said.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/federal-charges-filed-friend-dayton-gunman-connor-betts/story?id=64925831
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

Also from the article:
Kollie allegedly stated that he purchased and stored the items for Betts at his home to hide them from Betts' parents, Glassman said, adding that in May, Kollie and Betts assembled the upper receiver for the AR-15 in Kollie's home, and a couple of weeks after that, Kollie recalled Betts picking up the magazine drum and body armor after they arrived.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Very interesting stuff @austingirl! Thanks for digging it up.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Is Kollie related to (anti)AntiFa too?

Offline austingirl

Haven't seen anything about that.

Offline verga

Bears investigation
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What proposed law would have stopped this?

We know the answer to that, it is just a rhetorical question.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

What proposed law would have stopped this?

We know the answer to that, it is just a rhetorical question.

Ummmmmm --background checks?   :happyhappy: *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ummmmmm --background checks?   :happyhappy: *****rollingeyes*****
Maybe a law against straw purchases....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis