Author Topic: To help save the planet, cut back to a hamburger and a half per week  (Read 5333 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: To help save the planet, cut back to a hamburger and a half per week
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2019, 08:29:09 pm »
Actually since I went Keto I am eating more veggies than ever, but still plenty of meat.

Same here.  Meat and veggies.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2019, 08:31:26 pm »
Same here.  Meat and veggies.

Me too... all wrapped up in a big pretzel roll.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2019, 08:34:13 pm »
Nope.  IF I decide to have a burger I'm going to have one.  I haven't had a burger in a couple of months; I have steak once in a blue moon, chicken, chicken breast, pork, veggies and fruit. I try hard to watch the carbs, but I also need some energy.  I normally walk 1.5 miles just about every day at a pretty good clip and I do two sets of 5 minute energy bursting exercises most days.  Definitely not willing to have the gov't tell me what I need to do to save the planet; I'm too busy trying to save me! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2019, 08:37:18 pm »
Nope.  IF I decide to have a burger I'm going to have one.  I haven't had a burger in a couple of months; I have steak once in a blue moon, chicken, chicken breast, pork, veggies and fruit. I try hard to watch the carbs, but I also need some energy.  I normally walk 1.5 miles just about every day at a pretty good clip and I do two sets of 5 minute energy bursting exercises most days.  Definitely not willing to have the gov't tell me what I need to do to save the planet; I'm too busy trying to save me! 

I really do envy your Diet and Exercise routine @libertybele wish I had such a desire to live longer, sometimes.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2019, 10:14:36 pm »
Not a vegetarian by any means, but it's been quite a while since I had a hamburger. I avoid most fried food, as well...

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2019, 10:27:36 pm »
Will usually grill hamberders once every week or so...  I usually eat two cheeseburgers....  rarely have them out....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2019, 10:37:50 pm »
Will usually grill hamberders once every week or so...  I usually eat two cheeseburgers....  rarely have them out....

I have a burger (one) with all the trimmings at least twice a month.  All the trimmings includes cheese and jalapeños.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2019, 10:50:51 pm »

Yep. Me too. One 1/3lb burger, with fries or onion rings... Tater tots if I am running low. But I am on the grill more than once a week. Shoot, as long as there ain't 3 ft of snow and whiteout conditions, I am probably grillin.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2019, 10:57:18 pm »
Yep. Me too. One 1/3lb burger, with fries or onion rings... Tater tots if I am running low. But I am on the grill more than once a week. Shoot, as long as there ain't 3 ft of snow and whiteout conditions, I am probably grillin.

Yes, grill often....  most weeks will have on various evenings:

- the hamberders
- chicken
- steak fish, usually salmon lately
- steak

Often adding some grilled vegetables to go along....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2019, 11:19:20 pm »
Yes, grill often....  most weeks will have on various evenings:

- the hamberders
- chicken
- steak fish, usually salmon lately
- steak

Often adding some grilled vegetables to go along....

A lot of venison for me... Running real low on elk, and out of moose... Do some buffalo, when I get the chance, which is normally just burger... Still have about a quarter beef in the freezer too, other than hamburger of which I've a butt-ton... grilled burger in stir-fry is pretty normal.

Don't do much chicken- Something about store bought makes me gag, and we ain't been running meat birds as much, so what I get of chicken is yearling rooster or something I traded from the Hutterites... But I DO have quail, chinks, and grouse.

Chinook salmon and trout (cutthroat and rainbow mostly, some brookies), always in the smoke... perch, whitefish, bass, and pike too, but white meated fish usually just fried up in the pan.

And yeah, always drag em through the garden.
 :beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2019, 12:13:13 am »

I really do envy your Diet and Exercise routine @libertybele wish I had such a desire to live longer, sometimes.

...I do hear ya on that one ... just when I thought things were finally just starting to look up...my day truly, truly sucked and don't see things turning around  8888crybaby

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2019, 12:16:43 am »

...I do hear ya on that one ... just when I thought things were finally just starting to look up...my day truly, truly sucked and don't see things turning around  8888crybaby

Oh, no.  Hopefully it will pass?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2019, 02:22:32 am »
Oh, no.  Hopefully it will pass?

I keep praying.  :0001:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2019, 02:39:41 am »
I keep praying.  :0001:

Please accept mine also.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2019, 02:43:47 am »