Author Topic: 2020 candidate Andrew Yang cracks, breaks down crying on town hall stage  (Read 1710 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
2020 candidate Andrew Yang cracks, breaks down crying on town hall stage
August 11, 2019 | Victor Rantala

Andrew Yang, 2020 candidate for the Democrats’ presidential nomination, became emotional on stage during the Everytown Gun Safety Town Hall in Des Moines, Iowa, on Saturday. He was brought to tears by a question from a mother whose 4-year-old daughter was killed by a stray bullet in 2011.

“My beautiful 4-year-old daughter was struck by a stray bullet March 2011,” the woman asked. “My son, my daughter’s twin brother, witnessed what happened that day. She died two days later. As president, how would you address unintentional shootings by children?”

Yang went to hug the woman and when he returned to the stage, he visibly started crying.

“I have a 6 and a 3-year-old boy … and I was imagining it was one of them who got shot and the other saw it,” said a choked-up Yang. “I’m so sorry.”

He talked about how a big downside to his presidential campaigning is that he doesn’t get to see his family very much.

“That scene that you described — I’m sorry — it’s like very, very affecting,” he said.

more w/video
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/08/11/2020-candidate-andrew-yang-cracks-breaks-down-crying-on-town-hall-stage-784363

OMGGGGGGG
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Be quiet, big boys don't cry. Big boys don't cry. Big boys don't cry. Big boys don't cry. Big boys don't cry
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

I am not surprised he cried; he could see in his mind that being his children.  I just saw the film of his crying and that was a soul crying, seeing his own two children, one being killed and the other seeing it as the woman described her small child daughter being killed by a stray bullet and the other child seeing it.

I have watched the expressions, words said by the news people who were at the two cities for days.  After leaving there, one of the news people explained on her show what she saw and she was having trouble talking about it - she was tearing up.

How would you have reacted inside yourself as you saw death all around you and stayed there for days?  You would have wanted those days not to have happened, move time back before this happened so it would not happen.

In my long years of life, I have witnessed everything just fine, normal, and in one second, someone was dead or injured.   Not long ago, at night, I went to our mailbox, had the dog in my arms, everything just fine, then I fell and my head slammed down on a rock; everything changed in that second and I was taken by ambulance to the emergency room.  My life changed for weeks after that.

The problem with death, is, time can't be turned back, not one second, to prevent death happening - it is final, totally final.  Shopping in Walmart and dead the next second.   Then, you as a news reporter, are there in the middle of the dead bodies.  It took two days before the bodies were taken out of Walmart and the news people were standing outside that Walmart knowing those dead bodies were inside that building.  It would be strange if the news people did not cry in private.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Must’ve been snowing.....?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline PeteS in CA

Send murderers here:

Send a week's supply of water every fortnight. Create a moat around it with cofferdams and stock the moat with great white sharks. Or maybe use the Farallon Islands for that.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@mystery-ak

Shopping in Walmart and dead the next second.   

Our leaders do a disservice to the nation by making excuses for why nothing ever gets done to address these g-damn mass shootings.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Our leaders do a disservice to the nation by making excuses for why nothing ever gets done to address these g-damn mass shootings.

Did you see the one in Garden Grove-Santa Ana, where the guy with knives killed several people?

Did you note he was previously in trouble over violence?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I don't see crying during an emotional story like that as a weakness.  Means he's human.  But then he would have to go on to tell the truth that we can't stop all shootings.  I think he did that when he said we would have to convince people.  That's all you can do.  Gun safety brochures, classes. (when you purchase gun)    Commercials...etc. 

I actually like his idea about personalized guns.  It would keep people from turning your gun on you.  But I wouldn't like it forced on anyone.  A lady I worked with lost a son like that.  But in the end all you can do is educate people on gun safety, and hope they are responsible in their own homes. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Did you see the one in Garden Grove-Santa Ana, where the guy with knives killed several people?

Did you note he was previously in trouble over violence?

Liberals are ignoring that like the plague.  They should also look at China and knives.  Africa machette's.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Emotional as it is why would the woman ask how to protect her kids from her own mistake.  If it was a 4 year old in her house it was her gun.  Government save me from myself.