Author Topic: Citizen Contacts Secretaries of State on “natural born Citizen” Issue  (Read 1137 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Thank you. I know we disagree on some trade-related issues but it's nice to know I'm not alone here on this.

And I apologize for flying off the handle earlier.

No worries..

But in reality somethings had to be said, and I'm going to be honest. The birther issue is damaging the conservative cause. I just don't get why we are all supporting useless issue that was started by Hillary Clinton (That clue #1 we should have avoided it), which was picked up hucksters like Alan Keyes and others on the right.

We may disagree on trade, but there a lot issues that we agree on. Like the fact that birtherism is a stain on the Conservative movement.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun wrote (correctly):
"You can disagree all you want but SCOTUS has never applied the term "natural born citizen" to any other category than “those born in the country of parents who are citizens thereof”"

This is why this issue will never be fully clear and decided until a definitive ruling is made by the U.S. Supreme Court, insofar as what specifics are required in order for someone to be a "natural born citizen" (and thus Constitutionally qualified to be president).

The arguments will go on unabated until then.

The only other way will be an amendment to the Constitution that clarifies just what "natural born citizen" is supposed to mean. Perhaps this could be combined with an amendment that removes "birthright citizenship" of aliens (as currently "granted" by the 14th Amendment).

Speaking ONLY for myself:
I don't believe Kamala Harris to be eligible for president under the "natural born citizen" clause.
But then again, I believe Ted Cruz is even LESS eligible.
So there.