Author Topic: U.S. service member killed in Iraq: coalition statement  (Read 364 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
U.S. service member killed in Iraq: coalition statement
« on: August 11, 2019, 01:23:27 am »
World News   August 10, 2019 /
U.S. service member killed in Iraq: coalition statement

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A United States service member advising Iraqi security forces on a mission was killed on Saturday in the northern Nineveh province, the U.S.-led international coalition fighting Islamic State said in a statement.

“One U.S. service member died today during an Iraqi Security Force mission in Ninewah province, Iraq, while advising and accompanying the (Iraqi security forces) during a planned operation, the statement said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-security/u-s-service-member-killed-in-iraq-coalition-statement-idUSKCN1V00KU

This was in Iraq, Aug 8th, this website called Syria Call, for Syrian news posted this story, for the country of Syria.:
Protection militia pounded by friendly fire, U.S. soldier killed and wounded ten of YPG militiamen in Deir Al-Zour
  8 Aug, 2019 17:47    Syria

A number of protection militiamen were killed and others were injured after being shot by a U.S. soldier in Deir al-Zour, local sources reported.

The sources confirmed to "Syria Call" that a U.S. soldier opened fire on a group of militiamen at the military base located in the "al-Tanak" oil field east of Deir al-Zour, on Thursday, killing three and wounding seven.

The sources stated that the reasons that prompted the American fighter to this is still unknown, amid great discretion by the protection militia and Facebook pages close to the militia.

Read more at: http://nedaa-sy.com/en/news/15179

I decided this "Syria Call" news has reports that are overall, too questionable to be posting here... but this is an example of where one can wonder about it.

Whatever and as above with that photo, they must be close to the action but I find too much of their news coverage now, to possibly be deceptive. So, if one stayed with me through all of this, any input is welcomed. I'm not going to generally post from that "Syria Call" website but it could be good reporting and if so, a lot of fantastic stories... anyway, in no way am I going to post on a questionable fatality as the main story.  That website even has militias fighting the Russians pretty well. Some of their stuff looks like an active imagination.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 01:44:37 am by TomSea »