Author Topic: Trump Backs 'Red Flag' Laws That Could Impact Veteran Gun Ownership  (Read 14148 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump Backs 'Red Flag' Laws That Could Impact Veteran Gun Ownership
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2019, 03:55:35 pm »
I'm willing to bet that...outside of the deep blue Liberal big cities...you'd be hard pressed to find a County or City law enforcement agency willing to show up in a Cougar 6x6 MRAP (that's the military designation for that vehicle)like that to take guns from either you or me.

The optics of doing so would be incredibly bad, because videos of LEOs using that beast to collect guns would probably spark a real shooting war that will cause cops to not go home safe after the watch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2019, 03:58:41 pm »
The optics of doing so would be incredibly bad, because videos of LEOs using that beast to collect guns would probably spark a real shooting war that will cause cops to not go home safe after the watch.

I agree.  That's a Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle.  Rode in them many times when I was outside the wire in Afghanistan.  It's a light armored personnel carrier.  The optics of that rolling up in a neighborhood and cops jumping out the back merely to take someones guns because of an unconstitutional law would turn millions into gun owners and/or advocates overnight.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2019, 07:51:27 pm »
I'm willing to bet that...outside of the deep blue Liberal big cities...you'd be hard pressed to find a County or City law enforcement agency willing to show up in a Cougar 6x6 MRAP (that's the military designation for that vehicle)like that to take guns from either you or me.
Well, I'm betting on that to a point, but when the US Military decided to give some of them to LEOs, a lot of good ol' boy Departments were more than willing to take one (or more) off their hands. "Tactical rescue vehicle".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2019, 07:58:32 pm »
By some scenarios, then the National Guard will be deployed, and not on their home turf. Then people (including Guard Members) start taking sides over unlawful orders, and the whole deal goes south as the ivory tower folks call for Martial Law and suspend Posse Comitatus (which "...restricts the armed forces from acting “as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws,” except “in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress.")

In any scenario in which the widespread and universal confiscation of private firearms is decreed, I really don't think Congress would have any trouble expressly authorizing the use of whatever force was "necessary".  They'd already have made packing material out of the Constitution.

The bottom line question is one of how many would follow that unlawful order.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2019, 08:08:49 pm »
The bottom line question is one of how many would follow that unlawful order.

I think you'd be surprised how many wouldn't.

Which is why Obama was trying to create a civilian paramilitary force equivalent to the Military.

He knew we wouldn't follow unlawful orders so he had to create a backup plan.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 08:09:43 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #180 on: August 19, 2019, 08:20:02 pm »
I think you'd be surprised how many wouldn't.

Which is why Obama was trying to create a civilian paramilitary force equivalent to the Military.

He knew we wouldn't follow unlawful orders so he had to create a backup plan.
I would be happy to be surprised in that regard. In many ways, we depend heavily on the NCOs there who are motivated more by patriotism than politics, and are where the rubber meets the road.

We all depend on you guys for more than most are aware. :patriot:

C S Lewis