Author Topic: Surging in Polls, Elizabeth Warren Now Has a Path to the Nomination  (Read 624 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Surging in Polls, Elizabeth Warren Now Has a Path to the Nomination
NY Magazine, Aug 9, 2019

[...]

But the development that currently demands attention is the emergence of Senator Elizabeth Warren as something other than the candidate of policy wonks, dismissed as nonviable even among people who think she’d make an outstanding president. Her strong debate performances, a knack for organizing (based on her outstanding retail political skills), and the misfortunes affecting some of her rivals have combined to give her the clear path to the Democratic nomination that she really did not have in the early going.

Recent polls have clearly indicated that Warren is going places. The RealClearPolitics national polling averages show her as basically tied with Bernie Sanders for second place with Joe Biden’s lead narrowing. The two most recent national polls (from Quinnipiac and Economist–You Gov) place her seven and five points, respectively, ahead of Sanders. Just as important, she’s gaining strength in the early states. A new Monmouth poll from Iowa places her ten points ahead of Bernie, and just nine points behind Biden, in a state where everyone concedes she has the best organization. In New Hampshire polls, where Biden’s early lead was less formidable, she’s nipping at Sanders’s heels. Warren is in a similar position in Nevada (which holds its caucuses 11 days after the New Hampshire primary), where Politico reported yesterday that she has already built a “monster” of an organization.

Put all that together with the inability of any candidates outside the Big Four of Biden, Warren, Sanders, and Harris to gain any momentum at all, and for the first time you can clearly see a plausible path to the nomination for Warren.

Given her competition with Sanders for a similar pool of voters, Warren can probably afford to practically ignore Biden and Harris and focus on riding her organization to a better performance than Bernie in Iowa on February 3 (he doesn’t have her organization but does have a strong volunteer base), which should give her a bump in New Hampshire (February 11). Beating Sanders there, where Bernie won 61 percent of the vote in 2016, could be a game-changer for Warren, much like fellow Massachusetts candidate John Kerry’s win in the first two states over Sanders’s fellow Vermonter Howard Dean in 2004.

More:  http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/08/surging-in-polls-warren-has-clear-path-to-the-nomination.html

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Surging in Polls, Elizabeth Warren Now Has a Path to the Nomination
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 09:28:27 pm »
"Recent polls have clearly indicated that Warren is going places."

Right into America's heart./s

Lieawatha is unappealing phony-as-hell, unlikeable shrew.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 09:40:31 pm »
She reminds me of Squeaky Fromme.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 10:35:29 pm »
...hmm... let's see.  The DEM party has been grooming Warren since Hillary lost, so I don't think her ratings are that surprising. Meanwhile Uncle Joe is an old white male DEM and can't seem to get his thoughts straight and Kamel Toe is down in her ratings. 

I can only imagine what Hillary will be like if Warren becomes the first female president; the title Hillary worked all her life for.

The only thing Warren would need for the win is a VP of color.  I think a Waren/Castro ticket would beat Trump.  Especially if he caves on the 2A.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 11:24:23 pm »
She would make a horrible president, but as of now, she's got a good shot.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 11:38:35 pm »

The only thing Warren would need for the win is a VP of color.  I think a Waren/Castro ticket would beat Trump.  Especially if he caves on the 2A.

Castro as VP...what's not to like? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 12:18:28 am »
...hmm... let's see.  The DEM party has been grooming Warren since Hillary lost, so I don't think her ratings are that surprising. Meanwhile Uncle Joe is an old white male DEM and can't seem to get his thoughts straight and Kamel Toe is down in her ratings. 

I can only imagine what Hillary will be like if Warren becomes the first female president; the title Hillary worked all her life for.

Yeah, Warren wouldn't be as foolish as Clinton.
Tim Kaine--LOL.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 01:13:47 am »
So warren is on the warpath to the nomination. If her campaign starts the shawnee/sioux war chant we’ll know it’s on.

Now ‘scuse I’m gonna get me... a beer.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 01:15:08 am by skeeter »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 01:18:27 am »
I've been saying she would win the nomination since before she even announced. She is their best shot.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 01:22:54 am by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 01:19:40 am »
Castro as VP...what's not to like?

Certainly not hoping for a Warren/Castro ticket, only that I think that they could beat Trump.  Warren has appeal to the females, liberals, LGBT, and millennial.  Castro of course would bring in the much needed Hispanic vote. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.