Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren's New Plan On Guns Has A Goal: Reduce Gun Deaths By 80%  (Read 376 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Heaven help up if this gun grabbing nut job gets to the White TeePee. 

But Warren is going beyond some of the more commonly discussed ideas, such as stricter background checks or a ban on assault weapons. Her plan calls for creating a federal licensing system, limiting the number of firearms someone could buy, raising the minimum age to 21 for purchasing a gun, holding gun manufacturers liable (and, in some cases, even holding gun industry CEOs personally liable).

She also wants to raise taxes for gun manufacturers (from 10% to 30% on guns and from 11% to 50% on ammunition).

Additionally, Warren's plan calls for $100 million annual investment into gun violence research. She points out that the frequency of automobile deaths in the United States declined with widespread safety measures, such as seat belts and air bags. With the same approach, she says, her goal of an 80% reduction in gun-related deaths could be achieved.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/10/749946102/elizabeth-warrens-new-plan-on-guns-has-a-goal-reduce-gun-deaths-by-80
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

8bs8

Offline LMAO

Nobody has more "plans" like Warren.

All plans are complete nonsense, of course. But she loves to plan
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I guess she is tired of gun control in increments... Go full commie as fast as possible, constitution be damned.

How about just have the government do a gun trade out ... Bows and arrows for starters ought to be up her ally.. /end sarcasm
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....