Author Topic: How the CIA Aims to Keep a Footprint in Afghanistan  (Read 253 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
How the CIA Aims to Keep a Footprint in Afghanistan
« on: August 10, 2019, 06:21:14 pm »
How the CIA Aims to Keep a Footprint in Afghanistan
Stefanie Glinski

KHOST, Afghanistan—The muezzin had just called for the morning prayer when soldiers brandishing guns jumped off their Toyota Hiluxes, surrounded Noor Walli Khan’s house, knocked down the door, and entered the dark rooms where his family slept.

Minutes later, they had tied everyone’s hands and feet and started pouring gasoline over the family’s only car. Khan, 42, watched as the vehicle went up in flames. His children hid in the rooms left devastated by the raiders.

The surprise raid was the handiwork of the Khost Protection Force (KPF), a unit of Afghan soldiers trained, equipped, and funded by the CIA, operating mainly in the eastern province of Khost. The KPF’s U.S.-directed mission: Root out anyone remotely suspected of al Qaeda or Taliban ties. Interviewed after the raid, Qais, a 29-year-old KPF commander and drone operator who asked to be identified by a pseudonym, remarked casually that he himself was sure Khan’s family was innocent. But he shrugged off the raid as a warning that the CIA directed him to deliver.

“Our main objective is to bring security and to remove Taliban threats in Khost,” he explained, puffing out smoke from his cigarette. The CIA did not respond to several requests for comment.

Read more at: https://outline.com/Cg3rxE

I read this article earlier, I thought it sounded "un-American"  so I did not post it. Then, I reconsidered, it sounds like they have an insider telling them this info. I still wonder about posting it here but we can all accept or reject.